CareKit is an open source framework that helps users better understand and manage their health by creating dynamic care plans, tracking symptoms, connecting to care teams, and more. CareKit itself doesn’t include a back end, so it’s up to the developers to include a back end of their choice. This typically means implementing the synchronization API for their cloud provider of choice. IBM was one of the first cloud providers to implement the synchronization API, and consumed the Hyper Protect set of offerings to provide a HIPAA-ready back end.
🎓 What will you learn?
- Deploy a sample CareKit app
- Introduction to Hyper Protect Virtual Server and Hyper Protect DBaaS
- Deploy Hyper Protect Virtual Server and Hyper Protect DBaaS
- Connect CareKit to the back end using the synchronization API (Hyper Protect SDK for CareKit)
👩💻 Who should attend?
Developers and those interested in DevOps, IT, security, application deployment, and iOS Developers
- Register for the live stream or to watch the replay: https://www.crowdcast.io/e/healthcare-app
- Xcode should be installed since we are dealing with iOS development: https://developer.apple.com/xcode/
- Create your free IBM Cloud account at https://ibm.biz/HyperProtectHIPAA
- Fawaz Siddiqi, IBM Developer Advocate, https://www.linkedin.com/in/fawazsiddiqi/
- Elton de Souza, Chief Architect, Cloud Native Client Success on Z, https://www.linkedin.com/in/eltondesouza/
Ready to put your new skills to good use?
Participate in the 2021 Call for Code Global Challenge, by helping us fight back Climate Change, for a chance to win $200,000 and get support from IBM and our technology partners like The Linux Foundation to get your solution deployed around the world.
This isn’t your average hackathon. If you want the chance to build a solution that can make a true impact in the field, Call for Code can turn your idea into action.
Visit https://callforcode.org for more details and FAQs
Check out the resources & starter kits to kick-off your solution: https://developer.ibm.com/callforcode
Dubai, United Arab Emirates