The shared experience of travel brings people together. Visitors have the opportunity to see different landmarks.
Join us for a webinar, where we’ll explore a microservice containing landmark information, which we’ll deploy via Helm Charts and persist this data in a database also managed with Helm Charts. The ‘visitor’ microservice gets the information about a landmark at a certain address via an API endpoint exposed by the deployed ‘landmark’ microservice.
🎓 What you will learn
Throughout this workshop we’ll improve our knowledge of deploying Java-based applications using three Helm Charts techniques.
– Helm Chart techniques
– Invoking API endpoints
– Java application deployment
👩💻 Who should attend
– Developers and anyone interested in cloud native development, Application Deployment, Helm Charts, and Red Hat® OpenShift®.
Setup & Installation
– git – https://git-scm.com/downloads
– Docker version 17.03+ – https://docs.docker.com/get-docker/
– kubectl version v1.11.3+ (or oc client) – https://kubernetes.io/docs/tasks/tools/
– go version v1.12+ – https://golang.org/dl/
– Sign up for your IBM Cloud account – https://ibm.biz/BdfmLK
– Register for the live stream and access the replay – https://www.crowdcast.io/e/JavaAppHelmChart
– Sbusiso Mkhombe, IBM Developer Advocate, South Africa – https://www.linkedin.com/in/sbusisomkhombe/
– Masa Abushamleh, IBM Developer Advocate, UAE – https://www.linkedin.com/in/masa-abushamleh/