Are you a Java developer wondering what it means to have your application running in the cloud. This session will provide a peek into how the JVM is adapting to running in the cloud and what Java developers need to be aware to ensure they get the most of running in the cloud.
The session will pick an example spring application and tune it stage by stage at the end of which we have an application that is fully optimized and takes advantage of every aspect of the running in a cloud.
🎓 What will you learn?
- Tuning your Java app build process to generate the smallest possible docker image
- Tuning your Docker image for fast startup
- Tuning your Docker image for throughput vs resource usage
- Tuning your Docker image for when the App is idle
- Tips for debugging Java applications in a kuberenetes cloud
- This will include github based on demos wherever appropriate.
👩💻 Who should attend?
If you are a Java developer or an IT admin looking to deploy Java apps to the cloud, do not miss this session!
Dinakar Guniguntala, Runtimes Clouds Optimization in Bangalore https://twitter.com/dinogun
🎙️ Your Host
Dave Nugent, IBM Developer Advocate in San Francisco https://twitter.com/drnugent