Technology sessions to enable the attendees and participants to understand location services and applications related to maps. It will include Market insights on industry trends and an overview of the available tools and platforms in addition to an introduction to HERE Location Services and HERE platform.
Participants will get an overview of HERE Location Services and how to use them. A series of 8 sessions will empower you with the right tools for your development.
In each part of the series, you will have a hands-on opportunity to learn how to build a location-based project with HERE Technologies, the world’s #1 location platform. Get a head start today by signing up for IBM Cloud via → https://ibm.biz/HERETechnologies
Part 5: Build a location-aware IoT Ecosystem with HERE and IBM Cloud(Part 1)(Workshop)
A technology session to enable the attendees and participants to understand how an IoT endpoint communicates with the cloud using MQTT protocol over publish-subscribe architecture. Participants will get an overview of HERE Location Services and learn how location technology plays an important role in IoT. The session will cover working on IBM’s Internet of Things Platform to create devices.
🎓 What will you learn?
In this hands-on workshop developers will learn:
- Basics of Internet of Things
- MQTT protocol in publish-subscribe architecture
- Configuring ‘Internet of Things Platform’ service on IBM Cloud
- How to connect IoT endpoint with IBM Cloud
- Integrating HERE Location Services in IoT endpointIntroduction to Location Services
👩💻 Who should attend?
- Web Developers
- Mobile Developers
- Backend Developers
- UI/UX Designers
- Product managers
Please do the following before the workshop:
- Please register with HERE Developer Program (https://bit.ly/HEREDevs) and IBM Cloud (https://ibm.biz/HERETech5) and get your account ready to follow along – Free Access!
- Download and install Python: https://www.python.org/downloads/
- Be prepared with the GitHub resources https://bit.ly/HEREGitHub
- Bring your Coffee/Tea and enjoy the journey
- Vidhan Bhonsle, Senior Developer Evangelist at HERE Technologies, https://www.linkedin.com/in/vidhan-bhonsle
- Mohamed Abdeljalil, Business Development and Community Growth Manager at HERE Technologies, Middle East, https://www.linkedin.com/in/abdeljalil/
- Asna Javed, IBM Developer Advocate, https://www.linkedin.com/in/asna-javed-9a51a9150/
Dubai, United Arab Emirates