Technology sessions to enable the attendees and participants to understand location services and applications related to maps. It will include Market insights on industry trends and an overview of the available tools and platforms in addition to an introduction to HERE Location Services and HERE platform.
Participants will get an overview of HERE Location Services and how to use them. A series of 8 sessions will empower you with the right tools for your development.
In each part of the series, you will have a hands-on opportunity to learn how to build a location-based project with HERE Technologies, the world’s #1 location platform. Get a head start today by signing up for IBM Cloud via → https://ibm.biz/HERETechnologies
Part 4: What happens when AI meets location: An image recognition use case
In this technology session participants will learn the importance of image recognition in today’s world, where visual content is crucial. The integration of location analytics in AI adds a new dimension to understanding the world around us. With IBM Watson Visual Recognition service, participants can run a pre-built machine learning and AI model to get a precise image to text conversion. Combining this with HERE platform’s location capabilities it results in a location aware AI application suitable to solve modern problems like searching a restaurant with food images.
🎓 Learning outcomes
- Using IBM Watson Virtual Recognition
- HERE Geocoding and Search API
👩💻 Who should attend?
- Web Developers
- Mobile Developers
- Backend Developers
- UI/UX Designers
- Product managers
Please do the following before the workshop:
- Please register with HERE Developer Program and get your account ready https://bit.ly/HEREDevs and IBM Cloud (https://ibm.biz/HERETech4) and get your account ready to follow along – Free Access!
- Be prepared with the GitHub resources https://bit.ly/HEREGitHub
- Bring your Coffee/Tea and enjoy the journey
- Vidhan Bhonsle, Senior Developer Evangelist at HERE Technologies, https://www.linkedin.com/in/vidhan-bhonsle
- Mohamed Abdeljalil, Business Development and Community Growth Manager at HERE Technologies, Middle East, https://www.linkedin.com/in/abdeljalil/
- Fawaz Siddiqi, IBM Developer Advocate, https://www.linkedin.com/in/mohammad-fawaz-siddiqi-2067b013b