On the journey to the cloud, enterprise developers are facing challenges moving their existing on-premises applications to the cloud quickly and cost-effectively. One of the best solutions to this challenge is to modernize the platform infrastructure of an existing application and update its internal architecture and features.
In this exclusive online workshop designed by IBM Developer and Infosys, we will demonstrate how to take a Java Application running on-premises in WebSphere and modernize it to run as a container on Red Hat OpenShift on IBM Cloud.
In this workshop we will:
- Discuss the theory of application modernization and best practices to consider when modernizing applications
- Cover real-world scenarios from Infosys Architects
- A demonstration of using IBM Transformation Advisor to analyze Java EE applications
There will also be a hands-on workshop run on IBM Developer Skills Network to cover the following:
- Building a Java-based container image locally based on the artifacts built from Transformation Advisor.
- Pushing the container image to a container registry
- Deploying the modernized application to an OpenShift cluster
A free IBM Cloud Account: https://ibm.biz/BdqUxG
Register for this event here: http://ibm.biz/modernize-apps
Pooja Mistry – IBM Cloud Developer Advocate
Mangesh Patanker – IBM Cloud Developer Advocate
Manisha – Lead Principal, Education, Infosys
Balaji SK – Principal ETA(Education Training and Assessment), Infosys