As developers, it is important for us to move quickly and push code without worrying about breaking things. This is what End to End testing (E2E testing) can help us with! It refers to a software testing method that involves testing an application’s workflow from beginning to end. It enables releases with extra confidence, and it catches errors that are missed during manual regression testing. This method aims to replicate real user scenarios so that the system can be validated for integration and data integrity.
In this workshop, you will learn how to perform E2E testing using Cypress. Cypress is an open-source, developer-friendly automation testing tool which is used to write e2e test for any front-end framework or website. In this workshop, you will learn how to setup Cypress for your project from the scratch, write your first test in Cypress, Run tests, Record tests, Use the Cucumber Gherkin syntax, and set up the Jenkins pipeline on Kubernetes.
🎓 What you will learn
- What is E2E testing?
- What is Cypress?
- Cypress Test runner
- Cypress Dashboard
- Cypress tests on Jenkins
- Cucumber BDD
👩💻 Who should attend
- Software Testers
- Anyone who’s interested in setting up automated tests using the Cypress tool
- Shimpy Kumari – Automation Test Lead, https://www.linkedin.com/in/shimpy/
- Masa Abushamleh, Developer Advocate, https://www.linkedin.com/in/masa-abushamleh
- Register for the live stream and access the replay – https://www.crowdcast.io/e/testing-with-cypress
- Log in or Create your IBM Cloud account at https://ibm.biz/BdfELM
- You can learn more about cypress at https://www.cypress.io/
By registering for this event, you acknowledge that this video will be recorded and you consent for it to be featured on IBM media platforms and pages.