One benefit of reactive models is the ability to update web applications by sending messages, rather than pulling for updates. This is more efficient and improves the user experience.
Join us for a workshop to learn how to implement reactive messaging functionality with Java, Quarkus, Apache Kafka, Eclipse Vert.x, and Eclipse MicroProfile. We’ll deploy an end-to-end application to Red Hat® OpenShift® on IBM Cloud®.
🎓 What you will learn
We’ll explore and develop an understanding of reactive functionality.
– Kafka messaging with MicroProfile
– Sending in-memory messages with MicroProfile and Vert.x event-bus
– Server-sent events from microservices and web applications
👩💻 Who should attend
– Developers and anyone interested in Java, Quarkus, Apache Kafka, Eclipse Vert.x, and Eclipse MicroProfile Reactive Messaging and Red Hat® OpenShift®
– Sbusiso Mkhombe, IBM Developer Advocate, South Africa – https://www.linkedin.com/in/sbusisomkhombe/