Come and experience for yourself first-hand how you can build cloud-native solutions quickly and efficiently with MicroProfile, an open enterprise-grade Java programming model optimized for microservices and cloud. (Watch out for a touch of Jakarta EE too!) We will cover a range of topics in a hands-on manner using a cloud-hosted environment so all you need is a browser.
What you will learn
In this workshop developers will learn:
- What is cloud-native· How to develop RESTful and reactive microservices
- How to automate true-to-production testing using containers
- Different considerations for cloud deployments with containers
Who should attend?
Java Developers who are interested in cloud-native open source technologies.
- A web browser
- Log in or sign up for your free cloud account: https://ibm.biz/java-microservices
- Jamie Lee Coleman, IBM Software Engineer/Advocate, @JamieLeeC
- Grace Jansen, IBM Software Engineer/Advocate, @gracejansen27
Ready to put your new skills to good use?
Participate in the 2021 Call for Code Global Challenge, by helping us fight back Climate Change, for a chance to win $200,000 and get support from IBM and our technology partners like The Linux Foundation to get your solution deployed around the world.
This isn’t your average hackathon. If you want the chance to build a solution that can make a true impact in the field, Call for Code can turn your idea into action.
Visit https://callforcode.org for more details and FAQs
Check out the resources & starter kits to kick-off your solution: https://developer.ibm.com/callforcode