In this webinar, we will talk about open-source development, the hype for open source development, and how you can get started with becoming an open-source committer. We will discuss how you can become valuable in the open-source community, introduce you to the types of licenses for contributing projects, and how you can contribute to various other projects of interest. And finally, we will let you get your hands on with open source with a sample project to which you can contribute to.
🎓 What will you learn?
- Introduction to Open Source
- Why Open Source is important
- Developer trends to contribute to
- Developing your Open Source skills
👩💻 Who should attend?
Anyone who is interested in open source or software development
- Log in or Sign up for your IBM Cloud account: https://ibm.biz/StartOpenSource
- Log in or Sign up for your GitHub account: https://github.com
- Fawaz Siddiqi – Developer Advocate, IBM, https://www.linkedin.com/in/fawazsiddiqi
- Mridul Bhandari – Developer Advocate, IBM, https://www.linkedin.com/in/mridul-bhandari
- Chaitanya Mittal – Outreachy Mentor, Wikimedia Foundation https://www.linkedin.com/in/chaitannah/
By registering for this event, you acknowledge that this video will be recorded and you consent for it to be featured on IBM media platforms and pages.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates