Data is the new oil. Like crude oil, data is not useful when it is raw. But once it is refined and cleansed, the analytics done with it can enable deep analytics and open up new opportunities for your business.
To make data simple and easily accessible, we are excited to bring Data news by combining news from Db2, Db2 Big SQL, Big Replicate, and other data news…
1. Hortonworks and Cloudera publically announced a definitive agreement to merge to create World’s leading next generation data platform
- Watch the CNBC video to learn more about the merger
- Over the past 10 plus years, IBM, Cloudera, Hortonworks, and others have shaped the market for enterprise Big Data and Analytics, and we continue to do so
- As the Hortonwork’s 2018 Partner of the Year, IBM will continue a solid foundation with Hortonworks
- Post-merger, the collaboration between Hortonworks/Cloudera and IBM will drive future unified solutions designed to enhance your Big Data capabilities
- In a nutshell, as an IBM customer, nothing changes.
2. Db2 Big SQL v6.0 Beta (works on HDP v3.0.1) is getting ready for release
HDP 3.0 was released in July 2018 and HDP 3.0.1 was release in Sept 2018. Many customers are evaluating the new platform to plan for production environment migration. Therefore, to make Big SQL available for the new platform, we are working on releasing an Open Beta in the coming weeks. Look for the announcement and give it a try and give us feedback.
3. Did you know?
Db2 has a quick and easy way for a developer to spin up a database and start building new applications. It’s called Db2 Developer and it is Docker based installed for a quick start with all Db2 capabilities. Click here for more information on the product.
4. Achieve zero downtime with Db2 on Cloud using High Availability
Db2 expert Roger Sanders blogs about how the Enterprise High Availability plan can be used to set up Db2 on Cloud and Db2 Warehouse on Cloud environments that require the highest levels of availability. Click here for more information on the product.
Db2 Big SQL has a dedicated demo and trial page where you can try a guided tour of the product as well as an deployed cluster environment for a limited time to try out the capabilities of the product in a true environment with a guided tutorial. Check here to check out the details
Blog: How to advance your data consistency strategy
Data application resiliency is high on the agenda for CIOs. Gary Brunell from IBM looks at the in-house solution developed by Hotels.com, and how the IBM Big Replicate offering compares. Gary Brunell is a Certified Thought Leader, and a Distinguished IT Specialist at IBM. Gary works with a wide range of clients in the financial services sector, from startups to Fortune 50 companies. Click here to read the full blog.
More information on IBM Db2 Big SQL + Try the New IBM Big SQL Sandbox: IBM Db2 Big SQL webpage
Provide feedback and product improvement ideas: Ideas Portal (Choose component: Db2 or Db2 Big SQL or Big Replicate)
Communicate with the IBM Db2 Big SQL Offering Team: email@example.com
Keep up to date with IBM Db2 Big SQL news and announcements: Twitter: @Db2BigSQL