As we are wrapping up 2018 and looking ahead to the New Year, we are delighted to share some new capabilities added to our products and some details on events coming early next year.
- Excited to announce the availability of IBM Db2 Big SQL v5.0.4 (on HDP 2.6)
IBM Db2 Big SQL, an advanced SQL engine on Hadoop, has been making strides with the fast-evolving open source ecosystem by supercharging your analytical workloads on data lakes. The core capabilities of Big SQL focusses on data virtualization, SQL compatibility, scalability, performance, and of course enterprise security/governance, making it a desirable query engine to seek insights from disparate data sources including Hadoop.
Here’s a quick look at what’s in this release:
- New Zookeeper based HA solution is now synonymous with other Hadoop components HA and enables automatic failover to secondary system seamlessly, when primary goes down, with no down-time or manual intervention for RHEL and CentOS environments
- Enhanced Apache Ranger as a centralized access policy manager for not only Hadoop tables but also for federated data sources
- Enhanced usability of YARN configurations for Db2 Big SQL to better manage resources that are shared among many services in a Hadoop cluster
- All new Look & Feel for product documentation to get quick help when troubleshooting or learning about Db2 Big SQL. Many best practices written by engineers are now featured in product documentation
For more details, please check out the announcement HERE
- Excited to announce the availability of IBM Big Replicate for Backup v2.0 (first release)
Big Replicate for Backup is an add-on to Big Replicate for Hadoop which provides backup and data restoration capabilities to your LIVE DATA environment. Have peace of mind and eliminate the danger of administrative errors or malicious activity losing data in a replicated environment by retaining and restoring data that has been modified in error. Learn more HERE
- Registration is now OPEN for IBM Think 2019 from Feb 12 – 15th, 2019 at Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA
IBM Think 2019 is the year’s flagship conference to gather thinkers like you to learn, innovate, and make the world of business work smarter. It is also a great place to hear from industry luminaries, connect directly with technical experts and IBM senior leaders. For more details, check HERE.
- A day just for you, our customers! Community Day on Feb 11th, 2019 – one day before the conference starts
IBM Db2, Db2 Big SQL and IBM Big Replicate Offering teams are excited to invite you to the Community Day at Think 2019 on Feb 11th in Moscone Center in San Francisco. Come a day early and meet the product teams, learn about the product strategy, share your feedback/use cases and also witness the latest capabilities in product demos. Plan your travel to participate in Community day. Reach out to Priya Tiruthani (Email: email@example.com) for more details.
- Do you want to learn more about the Federation capabilities in Db2 Big SQL?
Our federation expert, Mara Matias, has written a 2-part blog to share her knowledge on how federation works, how you can improve performance and other details on federation. Read more HERE (part 1) and part 2.
More information on IBM Db2 Big SQL + Try the New IBM Big SQL Sandbox: IBM Db2 Big SQL webpage
Provide feedback and product improvement ideas: Ideas Portal (Choose component: Db2 or Db2 Big SQL or Big Replicate)
Communicate with the IBM Db2 Big SQL Offering Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep up to date with IBM Db2 Big SQL news and announcements: Twitter: @Db2BigSQL