In this series of introductions and hands-on tutorials, youâ€™ll learn how to work with Big SQL, a component of BigInsights, IBMâ€™s big data platform based on Apache Hadoop. In particular, youâ€™ll use Big SQL to query traditional structured data as well as data derived from social media sites.
The Big SQL on Hadoop tutorial series was developed by Cynthia M. Saracco (firstname.lastname@example.org) with earlier contributions from Carlos Renteria (email@example.com), Â Raanon Reutlinger (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Uttam Jain.
If you’re looking for Big SQL 4.1
- Introduction to Big SQL chart deck
- Introductory hands-on tutorial, Getting started with Big SQLÂ
Looking to get started with free public data sets on the cloud (IBM Bluemix)?
- Check out this hands-on example Using free Bluemix Analytics Exchange Data with Big SQL Big SQL.
Looking for HBase-specific materials? Â
- Explore the Big SQL and HBase: A Technical Introduction chart deck or
- Complete the Big SQL and HBase tutorial
Need to query JSON data?
- Read through the examples in Querying complex JSON with BigInsights 4.1.