You can now use IBM App Connect to transfer data to and from Magento.
Magento is an open source eCommerce platform that integrates online and physical shopping experiences. A highly customizable platform is one of Magento’s key features.
Using Magento in App Connect
To use Magento with App Connect, you’ll need to connect to your Magento account.
How do I connect?
- In App Connect, click Catalog, then, on the Applications tab, click Magento.
- Click Connect, then enter the required connection details for your Magento account. Populate the following fields as appropriate. (Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.)
- Store URL: The Magento store URL
- User name: The user name for your Magento account
- Password: The password for your Magento account
- Network name: The name of the network that App Connect will use to access your system.
The Network name field is required only if you are connecting to a Magento system in a private network. For more information, see Configuring a private network for App Connect. If you are connecting to a cloud-based instance of Magento, you need to provide the store URL, user name, and password only.
- Click Connect again to connect to your Magento account.
A typical business scenario
As an example, considering this scenario. Whenever a new customer order is created in Magento, you want to update the order details in an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, then send the order confirmation number by email.
For this scenario let’s create an event-driven flow that processes a new sales order through Magento, updates the order details in an ERP system, and then sends the order confirmation number by email. Let’s assume that we’re already connected to Magento and have an email account configured.
- Add Magento as the first application and select Sales orders > New sales order as the triggering event.
- Add Salesforce as the next application and select Orders > Create order as the action. Click Insert a reference to populate the following fields with data from Magento:
Order Start Date
Billing Zip/Postal Code
Order Reference Number
Make sure that you complete any other mandatory fields.
- Add Gmail as the next application and select Messages > Create email as the action. Populate the following fields as appropriate (fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory). You can populate the fields by clicking Insert a reference or Insert a function .
- To start the flow, click Menu > Start flow in the upper-right corner of the page.
- To test the flow, create a sales order in your Magento account, then check that the order is created in your Salesforce account, and that you receive the acknowledgment email in your Gmail account.
Specify the email address to which you want to send the confirmation.
Specify the subject for the email.
Enter any text that you would like to include in the email, including Customer first name and Order ID references.
Here’s an example of the completed flow: