Challenges with Maximo integration today
- Custom Integration: Today, many customers connect to their Maximo application via custom connections. Problems are encountered when custom connections to critical third party applications are involved. Some of the issues with custom connections are:
- they don’t scale;
- they lack documentation;
- they pose data security issues;
- they are very difficult to maintain.
- A limited number of Adapters: Maximo offers adapters to popular ERP’s such as SAP, Oracle, Peoplesoft, etc. However, with the proliferation of SaaS applications in the workplace, there is an increasing need to integrate Maximo with applications such as Jira, Workday, ServiceNow, Salesforce, etc.
- Integration skills: Traditionally integrating Maximo with other systems has been the job of a technical resource. However, with the evolution of tools for Line of Business (LOB), we see an increasing participation of LOB users in developing applications, automating business processes, etc.
How App Connect addresses these challenges ?
- IBM App Connect provides standard out of the box smart connector for Maximo with below capabilities
- App Connect Maximo connector supports Maximo APIs (Version 4) and is designed with end-to-end security
- App Connect Maximo connector supports: Create, Retrieve, Update, and Delete operations on Maximo objects, making this process very simple for customers.
- Connector dynamically discovers custom MXAPI Asset objects and takes action
- Connector supports outbound and inbound actions on Maximo instances which facilitates the management of objects when connecting to third party applications.
- The Connector supports bulk data retrieval using batch extract.
- IBM App Connect offers 100s of Connectors to popular work apps such as Workday, ServiceNow, Jira, MailChimp, Salesforce, etc. You can integrate Maximo with all of these apps out of the box.
Further App Connect’s growing list of technology and protocol connectors helps in easily integrating Maximo with custom applications.
- IBM App Connect is an award-winning product for its usability and design. The product is designed to be used by people with no coding experience. Opening it up to the non-developers to participate in automating business processes involving asset management data that resides in Maximo.
Maximo Integration with other Apps – Watch a live demo
Like what you see? Register for a webinar “Fast Track your Integration from Maximo with SaaS/on-prem Apps“
What Connectors are available with IBM App Connect ?
- IBM App Connect Professional complements Maximo by easily providing direct connectivity to data located in cloud services or other ERPs such as JD Edwards, Microsoft, Oracle CRM, and SalesForce just to name a few.
Here is the list of included and free adapters for ERP:
MS Dynamics 365 CRM
MS Dynamics AX
MS Dynamics GP
MS Dynamics NAV
IBM Food Trust
Oracle CRM On Demand
Salesforce Service Cloud
SAP Cloud for customer
- App Connect Professional allows Maximo to easily integrate to business operation applications such as Workday, Peoplesoft, NetSuite, Trello, Salesforce, just to name a few. Usually, this connectivity can be achieved in less than 30 minutes. The following connectors come free with App Connect Professional to help you get Maximo the most of your IBM Maximo application.
Here a list of FREE and included Business Operation adapters that come with IBM App Connect Professional.
Microsoft OneDrive for Business
Salesforce Commerce Cloud
SAP Hybris commerce
Today, data is everywhere. Effectivily accessing this data is critical for Maximo to be able to provide its full value. To be able to connect to multiple databases can be a major challenge. App Connect Professional complement IBM Maximo by enhancing connectivity to distributed databases such as DB2 for i, Informix, Mainframe Servers, SQL, and Apcahe just to name a few
Apache Cassandra connector
IBM Db2 for AS400
IBM Db2 for i
IBM Informix Dynamic Server
IBM Mainframe Server
Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise
- When it comes to infrastructure, it goes without saying that most applications reside in multiple systems with multiple operating systems. This traditional distributed environments are getting more complicated with the emergence of container technologies, multiple virtual machines, hybrid-cloud environments, and, of course, Open Source. IBM App Connect Professional breaks all these barriers by allowing customers to connect their Maximo environment to multiple infrastructure environments extremely easily and, generally, in less than 30 minutes. Here is a list of FREE and included connectors
Microsoft SQL Server
MS Active Directory
Microsoft Exchange Server
Oracle BEA Weblogic
Apache Active MQ
IBM MQ on Cloud
- Finally, when extending connectivity from Maximo to leverage APIs, messaging, Kafka, CICS, FTP, etc., the following FREE and INCLUDED adapters that come with App Connect Professional to facilitate the new digital transformation. Here is the list of adapters: