If you want to deploy integration solutions that youâ€™ve developed in IBM® App Connect Enterprise or IBM Integration Bus to the cloud, without the need to acquire and maintain an IT infrastructure, App Connect on IBM Cloud™ can help. You can import a BAR file that contains all the artifacts that make up your integration solution, then run the contents in an integration server in App Connect on IBM Cloud.
You can see your integration servers on the App Connect on IBM Cloud dashboard, alongside your event-driven flows and flows for APIs â€“ all in one place. You can use the dashboard to view the contents of your integration servers, and you can start and stop them.
To run your App Connect Enterprise or Integration Bus solutions in App Connect on IBM Cloud, you need to create an App Connect service in IBM Cloud (formerly Bluemix). (For more details, see https://console.bluemix.net/catalog/services/app-connect.) You also need to have App Connect Enterprise or Integration Bus installed on premises.
First, find or create everything you need:
- An App Connect service in IBM Cloud.
- App Connect Enterprise or Integration Bus 10.0.0.4 or later installed on premises.
- A valid BAR file that you’ve created in the IBM App Connect Enterprise or Integration Toolkit. (See What makes a BAR file valid in App Connect on IBM Cloud?)
Next, run the contents of your BAR file in App Connect on IBM Cloud:
- Click New > Import a BAR file.
- Either click the â€śImport a BAR fileâ€ť dialog box to select a BAR file from your file system, or drag a BAR file from your file system to the dialog box.
If you see an authentication error, check that your BAR file is valid (See What makes a BAR file valid in App Connect on IBM Cloud?)
- Optional: You can edit the name if you want to (this will be the name of the integration server on the dashboard).
- Click Import.
An integration server is created, and a tile is added to the dashboard to represent it. Initially, youâ€™ll see the status as â€śPreparingâ€ť, which means that the contents of the BAR file are being unpacked onto the integration server. When preparation has finished, the status will show as â€śStoppedâ€ť, indicating that the integration server is ready to be configured and started. If you see a message saying that preparation failed, click Try again in the message to start preparation again. You can see a summary of the contents of the integration server by clicking the arrow on the tile.
- Open the integration server by clicking the tile, or expanding the tile menu (⋮) and then clicking Open.
- Configure the integration server:
- Add or edit a description for your integration solution.
- Configure HTTPS basic authentication (see Configuring HTTPS basic authentication).
- Attach a policy so that you can connect to on-premises systems (see Configuring secure connectivity between integration servers on App Connect on IBM Cloud and on-premises systems.)
- Optional: To split message flow processing between your on-premises environment and App Connect on IBM Cloud, configure callable flows by opening the hamburger menu , expanding Manage, and selecting Callable flows (see Sharing message flow processing between App Connect on IBM Cloud and App Connect Enterprise.)
- When youâ€™ve completed configuration, return to the App Connect on IBM Cloud dashboard and start the integration server by opening the tile menu and then clicking Start.
- You can also use the tile menu to delete or update the BAR file. The â€śupdateâ€ť option allows you to upload a new version of a BAR file.
- When your integration server is running, you can view logs by opening the integration server and then clicking View logs. For more information, see Viewing logs for your integration servers.
If you can’t find what you want, or have comments about this tutorial, please either add comments to the bottom of this page or send us your comments by email.
- Configuring HTTPS basic authentication in App Connect on IBM Cloud
- Configuring secure connectivity between integration servers on App Connect on IBM Cloud and on-premises systems
- Debugging Hybrid Integrations running on IBM App Connect
- Sharing flow processing between App Connect on IBM Cloud and App Connect Enterprise or Integration Bus
- Viewing logs for your integration servers in App Connect on IBM Cloud
- What makes a BAR file valid for App Connect on IBM Cloud?