Basic authentication in IBM® App Connect on IBM Cloud™ provides secure access to HTTPInput and SOAPInput message flow nodes that are running on your App Connect on IBM Cloud integration servers. Basic authentication settings are associated with an integration server, and apply to all HTTP and SOAP nodes on that integration server.
If you enable basic authentication for an integration server, HTTP requests to any HTTP or SOAP nodes on that integration server must specify the correct URL, a user name, and a password.
If you disable basic authentication for an integration server, HTTP requests can access any of the HTTP or SOAP nodes on that integration server by using only the correct URL, and don’t need to specify a user name or password.
To configure basic authentication for an integration server in App Connect on IBM Cloud:
- On the App Connect on IBM Cloud dashboard, make sure that the integration server that you want to configure authentication for is stopped.
- Click the integration server tile to open it.
- Open the basic authentication dialog box by clicking HTTPS basic authentication settings.
- Turn basic authentication on or off, as required.
If you turn basic authentication on for an integration server, the user name that’s used to access HTTP and SOAP nodes on that integration server is set to iib and a corresponding password is generated automatically.
- You can view and copy the password and the HTTPS basic authentication header.
When you make HTTP requests to HTTP or SOAP nodes on this integration server, you must include an HTTP basic authentication header that uses the corresponding user name and password in those HTTP requests.
- If you need to change the password and basic authentication header, click Regenerate credentials, then copy the new credentials to use in your HTTP requests.
You’ve configured basic authentication. You’re now ready to start the integration server.
If you can’t find what you want, or have comments about this tutorial, please either add comments to the bottom of this page or send us your comments by email.