When you create, edit, or import event-driven or API flows, App Connect automatically validates each application or Toolbox node in the flow. If validation errors are detected, a warning icon is displayed on any nodes that require your attention. (If you’re creating a flow, you might see the warning icon for a node only after you move to another node.) Validation errors are typically reported for unconnected or disconnected accounts, missing mappings in required fields, and invalid syntax in JSONata expressions that you type into fields. You must resolve all validation errors in order to start the flow.
To resolve a validation error:
- Hover over the warning icon to see information about the validation error.
- If the validation error is
Not connected, it’s typically because you haven’t yet connected App Connect to the related app. To connect to your account for the app, click the node for that app, click Connect, and then follow the prompts to specify the account credentials.
If you’re importing a flow with an app that’s connected to multiple accounts, you’ll also see a
Not connectedvalidation error. To resolve this error, click the Not connected drop-down list and then select the required account.
- For other types of validation errors, examine and update the field selections for the node as required. For example, you might need to complete a required field (such as the To field for a Gmail > Create message action), or use a drop-down list to select a preconfigured value that is specific to your account (such as a channel where you want to post a message for a Slack > Create message action), or correct invalid JSONata in a field. Sample errors for these three instances are shown below.
- If multiple validation errors are detected, you’ll see the total number and will need to resolve each error in turn.
The number decrements as you resolve each error.
- If you’re working with an API flow, and you’ve accessed the Operations tab for a model, you might see a warning icon on the Edit flow button for some operations. This type of validation error indicates that the flow is incomplete.