When you create flows for an API by using IBM App Connect on IBM Cloud, the defined configuration provides an API that you can expose and manage by using the API management capabilities in IBM Cloud. API management is integrated into App Connect services, Cloud Foundry applications, and Cloud Functions actions.
You create flows for an API from the Define tab in the API editor.
After you start the API, you can then use the Manage tab in the API editor to access the embedded API management capabilities.
From the Manage tab, you can:
- Test the API.
- Control and manage access to the API by configuring security schemes.
- Manage the API’s usage by enforcing rate limits for API calls from consuming applications.
- Increase adoption by sharing the API and by exporting the API definition.
- Track the API’s usage and monitor API call volumes through analytics and logging.
- Transfer the API to IBM API Connect for more advanced API management.
For more information about completing these tasks, see the tutorial in the Example section below.
Managing APIs that are exposed by API flows in App Connect on IBM Cloud
Learn how to use the embedded API management capabilities in IBM App Connect on IBM Cloud to secure, test, and socialize APIs that are exposed when you create flows for APIs.