IBM App Connect passes key data between IBM Event Streams and other apps – automatically, in real time.
You can use App Connect to connect Event Streams to your apps by mapping data graphically – without the need for coding – meaning that you can achieve a return on your investment in minutes or hours, not days or months.
This guide shows you how.
If you can’t find what you want, or have comments about the “how to” information, please either add comments to the bottom of this page or send us your comments by email.
About Event Streams
IBM Event Streams for IBM Cloud (formerly IBM Message Hub for IBM Cloud) is a scalable, distributed, high-throughput message bus that connects your on-premises and off-premises cloud technologies.
You can use Event Streams to achieve the following tasks:
- Wire microservices together by using open protocols
- Connect stream data to analytical tools to get powerful insights into your data
- Feed event data to multiple applications that can react in real time
For example, you can use Event Streams to publish inventory changes, create a centralized bus for real-time data, or enable apps to offload work to back-end worker processes. For more information, see IBM Event Streams.
What should I consider first?
To connect Event Streams with App Connect, click Connect for the application on the Applications tab of the Catalog page, or when you add the application to your flow. You can find the credentials you need on the Service credentials page of your Event Streams service in IBM Cloud.
- Log in to IBM Cloud.
- In your IBM Cloud Dashboard, click the Event Streams service that you want to work with.
- Open the Service credentials page, then click View credentials.
- Click the Copy to clipboard icon.
- Paste the whole content into the IBM Event Streams Service Credentials field.
- Copy the fields highlighted in the screen shot and paste them into App Connect.
Tip: Include the square brackets when copying the kafka brokers sasl list.
To use your IBM Event Streams Service Credentials:
To use your username, password and the kafka brokers sasl list:
Creating an event-driven flow that uses IBM Event Streams to send a message to IBM Cloud Functions when a new contact is added in Salesforce
Learn how easy it is to use App Connect to connect Salesforce to IBM Event Streams so that every time a new contact is created in Salesforce, Event Streams sends a message to IBM Cloud Functions.