Get started with integration in the cloud; try out the components of IBM® Application Integration Suite on Cloud individually, and use them together to form more-comprehensive integrations in the cloud.
This page provides some first steps about exploring and using IBM Application Integration Suite on Cloud, based on hands-on tutorials. For a representative use of IBM Application Integration Suite in a hybrid cloud landscape, see the article (and series of video tutorials) Hybrid Integration Part 2 – IBM Application Integration Suite in a representative hybrid cloud landscape.
If you have bought IBM Application Integration Suite, you can try out the tutorials as described. If you have not yet bought IBM Application Integration Suite, you should still be able to try out the tutorials by using the component products bought separately or as trial editions. (With trial editions, in some cases you might encounter restrictions that prevent you trying some capabilities.)
IBM Application Integration Suite on Cloud delivers a solution for application integration that combines the capabilities of IBM App Connect Professional on Cloud, IBM Integration Bus on Cloud, and IBM API Connect Professional.
You can explore the capabilities of each of these components separately, to focus on one component at a time. To explore the use of multiple components together, see Step 2 onward.
-  IBM App Connect Professional on Cloud
- A Software as a Service (SaaS) solution for business users and integration specialists. App Connect Professional on Cloud provides rapid integration capabilities for today’s modern cloud and hybrid architectures. By combining a powerful, configuration-based integration approach with a broad set of connectivity to the most popular SaaS and on-premise applications, App Connect Professional on Cloud enables organizations to build business solutions rapidly.
Explore the business user capabilities of IBM App Connect (Personal)
- Browse the frequently asked questions about IBM App Connect
- Try the App Connect tutorials, such as Tutorial: When I create a new lead in Salesforce, a row is added to a Google Sheets spreadsheet
Explore the advanced capabilities of IBM App Connect
- Watch the demo video Demo: Real-time Cloud and ERP Integration in 10 minutes
- Browse the features under How does it work?
- Try Getting Started with WebSphere Cast Iron Cloud Integration (10.8MB). For example, see Chapter 11. Scenario: CRM to cloud calendar services, which demonstrates the use of WebSphere Cast Iron Live (App Connect Professional) to integrate and utilize third party applications
-  IBM Integration Bus on Cloud
- Integration Bus on Cloud, an IBM SaaS, multi-tenant, cloud-based service, enables you to deploy and monitor integration solutions, and use the Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) architectural pattern, on the cloud.
Explore IBM Integration Bus on Cloud
-  IBM API Connect Professional
- API Connect is an IBM Bluemix-based service that enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation that is powered by APIs and microservices. It offers capabilities to create, run, manage and secure APIs and microservices. It empowers API developers to rapidly design APIs with essential security policies and share APIs across organizational boundaries, while providing deep insight into API usage.
Explore IBM API Connect
- Browse About IBM API Connect (Bluemix docs)
- Try Getting started with API Connect using the sample Climbing Weather API (Bluemix docs)
For a more-detailed overview of IBM Application Integration Suite on Cloud, see the announcement letter.
For IBM App Connect, you can create custom applications from IBM Integration Bus message flows. Then, you can create an App Connect flow to connect each custom application to any other application supported by App Connect, so that messages that are processed by the message flow initiate actions in another application.
For example, you might create an App Connect flow so that every time a message flow processes a message about Warehouse stock, details of that message are sent automatically in an email to customers interested in the stock availability. Read more in the tutorial for IBM App Connect: When a message is processed by an Integration Bus message flow, an email is sent from your Gmail account.
In IIB on Cloud, you can use REST APIs to expose integrations as RESTful web services that can be called by HTTP clients. From the IBM Integration Toolkit, you can push your REST APIs to IBM API Connect.
With IBM API Connect, you can manage your APIs with business-level controls by setting levels of security, visibility, and rate limits while sharing APIs with application developers. The API Connect service also provides you with the tools to transform and grow your business with insights through detailed analytics with structured filtered searches.
In addition, IBM API Connect on IBM Bluemix provides the IBM Datapower Gateway that enables secure connection between the cloud and on-premises environments (such as for API Connect on Bluemix to securely interact with IIB on premises and on-premises data sources).
For an initial example of using IIB on Cloud with IBM API Connect, see the IIB on Cloud tutorial Pushing a REST API from IBM Integration Bus V10 into IBM API Connect