IBM Integration Bus Manufacturing Pack helps manufacturers to sense, share, visualize, and exploit factory data across enterprise and mobile applications without compromising plant-floor operational performance and security.
You can use the IBM Integration Bus Manufacturing Pack to seamlessly integrate heterogeneous IT and operational manufacturing systems â making information flow more quickly and reliably.
The pack provides a built-in, pattern-based approach to the configuration and deployment of common manufacturing information flows. These patterns help transform production automation data into widely used industry application formats, that enable wider visibility of production activity with web-based monitoring.
With the Integration Bus Manufacturing Pack, small, medium, and large enterprises can:
- Flexibly add new application connections for new users to access information without impacting existing operational systems
- Avoid proprietary lock in through adoption of industry standards that inter operate with existing factory systems, including OPC servers and PI servers
- Distribute reliable, near real-time status, parameters, sensed readings, and alarms to multiple subscribing applications across the enterprise (including ERP and mobile) through MQ, MQ FTE, File Transfer, and MQ Telemetry Transport (MQTT)
- Benefit from the universal connectivity, high-performance, and scalability of Integration Bus proven world-class integration capability, including an embedded .NET framework (that provides intuitive operation for Visual Studio developers)
The Integration Bus Manufacturing Pack delivers manufacturing-specific patterns and tools for connectivity and integration by:
- Providing a built-in, pattern-based approach to aid configuration and deployment of common manufacturing information flows.
- Transforming production automation data into industry application formats to enable the wider visibility of production activity without error across the production center, enterprise and supply networks.
- Adding production automation data monitoring with a granular view of machine and production activity for manufacturing managers.
IBM Integration Bus Manufacturing Pack provides the following features:
- Integrate your OPC Servers with your IBM Integration Bus applications by using the OPC nodes.
- Integrate your data sources with your IBM Integration Bus applications by using a PI Server.
- Use the MQ Telemetry Transport (MQTT) connectivity protocol for your publish/subscribe services.
- View information about the status of your deployed message flows in a web browser.
- IBM Integration Bus Manufacturing Pack provides the “Manufacturing: Factory Publication” pattern, which you can use to create an application that can use various transports to publish a feed of data that passes information to another application.
The podcast is also available at Podomatic