This lab guide shows how to extend the Employee Service by adding operations that will load the data from the SAMPLE database to computer memory and allow it to be retrieved from there for improved performance.
- Add operations to an Integration Service
- Use JAXB classes to load database records to the embedded Global Cache and access data from the Global Cache
Related tutorial in the IIB V10 Integration Toolkit:
- Transformation using Java (JAXB) in a message flow
- Learn how to use a JavaCompute node to transform data using Java (JAXB) in an IBM Integration Bus message flow by exploring this simple example.
- Set up the embedded global cache for high availability in IBM Integration Bus V10 (IBM developerWorks)
- This developerWorks article describes how to design a fault-tolerant topology for the embedded global cache. It shows how CDATA XML and tagged formatting can be used to load data into a cache and it provides sample ESQL functions for complex queries.
- Embedded global cache (IIB V10 product documentation in IBM Knowledge Center)
- An overview of the use of the global cache that is supplied with IBM Integration Bus to store data that you want to reuse.
- Configuring the embedded global cache (IIB V10 product documentation in IBM Knowledge Center)
- How to configure properties of the embedded global cache by using commands, an XML cache policy file, or the IBM Integration API.