- None. This is the initial version.
We collect Basic Personal Data from you as a user of this community site, and we are the “Controller” of this data. This includes your username, name, and email address. For comments, we also collect your IP Address. If we require more personal data, we will notify you; usually by asking you when completing a form. Where appropriate, you may select your preference(s) for using your data. For full information about how IBM uses your personal data, refer to our Privacy Statement.
We need your Basic Personal Data to support our Legitimate Interests in enabling you to interact with this community site.
If you do not want us to use your Basic Personal Data as described above, you can ask us to delete your user account.
To provide the above capabilities, we will only collect personal data that is needed.
This is how we obtained your Basic Personal Data:
- When you asked to become a registered user of this site, for example by submitting the form Request a role in this site, you submitted your Basic Personal Data: your name and IBM ID (email).
- When you submitted a comment, you submitted your Basic Personal Data: your name and email. Your IP Address is obtained automatically by the commenting mechanism.
This is how IBM uses your Basic Personal Data:
- To uniquely identify you, such that we can correspond with you as an individual person about your comments and activities in this community site.
- To communicate with you about your role as a registered user of this community site.
- To perform security/audit logging, including in conjunction with your IP Address;
- To perform problem determination, system administration, usage tracking, and support activities; and
- To set secure cookies which maintain your authenticated user session.
Where appropriate, IBM may use selected partners to process your Basic Personal Data.
If you do not wish your Basic Personal Data to be used for the above purposes, you have the option of not using your user account for this community site, not using your IBMid, or even asking us to delete your user account or IBMid.
For the Legitimate Interests explained above under “Why we need your data”, your Basic Personal Data is protected in these ways:
- When appropriate, we use secure communications and storage to protect your personal data from unauthorized access or disclosure.
- We require applications or services which use your personal data for purposes other than those described here to justify those uses, provide appropriate notice, and where applicable, allow you to consent to such usage.
However, data already present in security or audit logs, support records, or business transaction records, may be retained for those purposes. Our retention policies determine how long we will retain this data. For additional information regarding data retention, refer to our Privacy Statement.
Our Privacy Statement provides more information about your personal data rights. It also provides contact information if you have questions or concerns regarding our handling of your personal data.