The Aruba Controller Insight Pack gives operational administrators and users the ability to use IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis to analyze traffic on their installed Aruba Controller device logs. This includes using dynamic dashboards to view the rate of important error and alert messages with the ability to drill down into areas needing attention in your Aruba Controller deployment.
Aruba Controller Dynamic Dashboards
The dashboards include various charts plotted based on the Severity, Source and Type for each log record. The default time to capture the dashboard data is last 1 day and can be configured as needed.
Below is the list of dashboards for the Aruba Insight pack:
- Severity vs. Time: Shows the severity type by count and what time they occurred.
- Error Location vs. Severity: Shows the severity types by Error Location.
Using the Quick Searches feature for the Aruba Insight Pack, users can create saved searches for a keyword or a series of keywords. The searches are added to the Saved Searches pane for running at a later time.
The following quick searches are provided with the quick search installer:
- Aruba Emergencies Last Day: This search query displays log records where the Aruba log level is Emergency.
- Aruba Alerts Last Day: This search query displays log records where the Aruba log level is Alert.
- Aruba Criticals Last Day: This search query displays log records where the Aruba log level is Critical.
- Aruba Errors Last Day: This search query displays log records where the Aruba log level is Error.
Reference the Insight Pack User’s Guide for adjusting the dynamic dashboards and quick searches to reflect additional data elements.
The Aruba system message logging process allows the system to report and save important error and notifications messages to a remote logging server (syslog server). These syslog messages include messages in a standardized format (often called system error messages) and output from debug commands. These messages are generated during the Aruba device network operation to assist users with identifying the type and severity of a problem, or to aid users in monitoring Aruba activity.
The following section contains important information and troubleshooting links for the Aruba Log.
Review the following video for information on using and setting up the Insight Pack.
IBM Operations Analytics-Log Analysis Insight Packs for Networks- Premium Install License.
Cost: License Fee
- IBM Operations Analytics â€“ Log Analysis version 1.3.0 or above.
- Aruba Controllers running Aruba OS 6.3.x or higher (configured to send the log messages to a Linux syslog server).
- Syslog Server (receives the syslog records transferred from the Aruba Controller devices).
- Purchased “IBM Operations Analytics-Log Analysis Insight Packs for Networks- Premium Install License” for each installed Insight Pack.
This package is subject to the License terms included with the Insight Pack, along with those displayed upon download.
To report a problem with deploying this entry, entitled customers may contact the country specific IBM support channel, reference the IBM Worldwide Directory. Also use the “Support” link to access the support site for IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis information.