The Brocade FOS Insight Pack gives operational administrators and users the ability to use IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis to analyze traffic on their installed Brocade FOS devices. This includes using dynamic dashboards to view the rate of critical messages with the ability to drill down into areas needing attention in your Brocade Fabric OS deployments.
Brocade Dynamic Dashboards
The chart reflects the following:
- Event Class Count for the Last Day
- Severity vs. Event Class for the Last Day.
With the included Quick Search feature, users can create saved searches for a keyword or a series of keywords. The searches are added to the saved searches pane for running at a later time.
The following quick searches are provided with the quick search installer:
- Brocade FOS Warnings Last Day: This search query displays log records where the Brocade log level is Warning.
- Brocade FOS Errors Last Day: This search query displays log records where the Brocade log level is Error.
Reference the Insight Pack User’s Guide for adjusting the dynamic dashboards and quick searches to reflect additional data elements.
The Brocade message logging process allows the system to send and save important error and notifications messages to a remote Linux syslog server. The syslog messages can consist of messages that are in a standardized format (often called system error messages) and output from debug commands. These messages are generated during the device network operation to assist users with identifying the type and severity of problems, and to aid users in monitoring Brocade activity.
Useful product links which provide information about Brocade logs are found in the Expert Advice section of the User Guide.
Review the following video for information on using and setting up the Insight Pack.
IBM Operations Analytics-Log Analysis Insight Packs for Networks- Premium Install License.
Cost: License Fee
- IBM Operations Analytics â€“ Log Analysis version 1.3.0 or above.
- FabricOS v7.x (configured to send the log messages to a Linux syslog server).
- Syslog Server (receives the syslog records transferred from Brocade Fabric OS devices).
- Brocade device must be configured to send the log messages to a Linux syslog server.
- Purchased “IBM Operations Analytics-Log Analysis Insight Packs for Networks- Premium Install License” for each installed Insight Pack.
This package is subject to the License terms included with the Insight Pack, along with those displayed upon download.
To report a problem with deploying this entry, entitled customers may contact the country specific IBM support channel, reference the IBM Worldwide Directory. Also use the “Support” link to access the support site for IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis information.