The Hewlett Packard TeamSite Insight pack allows users of IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis, in conjunction with Logstash, to index and search against HP TeamSite log files. This gives customers a faster problem identification in TeamSite-related problems.
The HP TeamSite Insight Pack supports logs from the following:
- HP TeamSite 7.4
- HP TeamSite 7.5
- HP TeamSite 8.0
The HP TeamSite Insight Pack supports searching and indexing of the following:
- TeamSite Server logs
- TeamSite SiteFactory logs
Logstash uses the file input module to pull events from HP TeamSite logs. The records are then forwarded using the IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis Logstash Output Plugin.
The HP TeamSite Insight Pack is installed and un-installed using the pkg_mgmt utility. Reference the Documentation for installation and un-installation instructions.
- Upload the insight pack to the system running IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis.
- Install the HP TeamSite Insight Pack using pkg_mgmt.sh.
- Use the pkg_mgmt.sh command to determine the location of the insight pack.
- Create the data source for the HP TeamSite Insight Pack.
- Create the out-of-the-box saved searches for the HP TeamSite Insight Pack.
- Files with long log records require adjustments to the Java stack size so that they can be ingested.
- If you update the -Xss value parameter within the jvm.options file, you must restart the IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis system.
- Configuring Logstash with the provided Logstash configuration file allows HP TeamSite events to be forwarded to IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis.
Review the following video for information on using and setting up the Insight Pack.
IBM Operations Analytics-Log Analysis Insight Packs for Applications- Standard Install License.
Cost: License Fee
- IBM Operations Analytics â€“ Log Analysis 1.3.0, 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 1.3.3.x, 18.104.22.168
- Logstash 1.4.2, 1.5.3, 2.2.1
- HP TeamSite 7.4, 7.5 or 8.0
- Purchased â€śIBM Operations Analytics-Log Analysis Insight Packs for Applications – Standard 1.1â€ť License for each installed Insight Pack.
This package is subject to the License terms included with the Insight Pack, along with those displayed upon download.
To report a problem with deploying this entry, entitled customers may contact the country specific IBM support channel, reference the IBM Worldwide Directory. Also use the “Support” link to access the support site for IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis information.