The MariaDB Insight Pack gives customers support to ingest data from various MariaDB logs into IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis. They can then use a rich set of analytical dashboards to visualize metadata and derived metrics from log content, along with performing additional queries on the content.
The dynamic dashboards provided with the MariaDB Insight Pack help in visualizing the data which is available through MariaDB logs. You can view the dashboards at a later time from the Search Dashboards pane.
This dashboard displays charts for the MariaDB hosts based on the number of errors in the MariaDB Error Log and number of slow queries in the MariaDB Slow Query Log.
These charts display top 5 datasource host names with maximum errors and maximum slow queries as per the collected log records.
Error Log Dashboard
This dashboard displays log-level distribution charts for the configured time period.
Slow Query Log Dashboard
This dashboard displays the charts for top 10 slow queries executed on the server and their result set statistics for the configured time period. It also displays the top 5 users who executed maximum slow queries for the configured time period.
With the Quick Searches feature for MariaDB Insight Pack, users can create saved searches for a keyword or a series of keywords. You can run the searches at a later time from the Saved Searches pane.
The installer provides the following quick searches:
Common Patterns: These searches are simple or common strings used while looking for different problems such as error, fatal, critical, failure, warning, and so on in the logs.
- MariaDB Error Logs: This search query, when applied to the MariaDB Error Logs collected from the MariaDB server, displays log messages with log level error.
- MariaDB Slow Queries: This search query, when applied to the MariaDB Slow Query Logs collected from the MariaDB Server, displays the slow queries which have queryExecutionTime more than the set limit.
Review the following video for information on using and setting up the Insight Pack.
IBM Operations Analytics-Log Analysis Insight Packs for Infrastructure-Standard Install License.
Cost: License Fee
- IBM Operations Analytics â€“ Log Analysis version 1.3.1 or above.
- MariaDB v10.0.x or MariaDB v10.1.x
- Purchased â€śIBM Operations Analytics-Log Analysis Insight Packs for Infrastructure-Standard 1.1â€ť License for each installed Insight Pack.
This package is subject to the License terms included with the Insight Pack, along with those displayed upon download.
To report a problem with deploying this entry, entitled customers may contact the country specific IBM support channel, reference the IBM Worldwide Directory. Also use the “Support” link to access the support site for IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis information.