The Red Hat JBoss EAP Insight Pack gives customers support to ingest data from the JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) Logs into IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis. They can then use a rich set of analytical dashboards to visualize metadata and derived metrics from log content, along with performing additional queries on the content.
JBoss EAP Health Dashboard
This dashboard displays charts for all the JBoss EAP hosts. This dashboard displays charts for the top five hosts with max fatal and error logs over a configured time period.
JBoss EAP Server Dashboard
This dashboard displays charts for all JBoss EAP servers as per log data. The first three charts display the serverity levels fatal, error and warning for all the JBoss EAP servers distributed over time period. The fourth chart displays execptions occurred for JBoss EAP server.
JBoss EAP Log level Dashboard
This dashboard displays log-level distribution charts for the configured time period. This dashboard also displays top 5 classes, which logged maximum fatal and error logs.
The Red Hat JBoss EAP Insight Pack includes “Quick Searches” so users can create saved searches for a keyword or a series of keywords. You can run the searches at a later time from the Saved Searches pane. The following default searches are included:
- Common Patterns: These searches are simple or common strings used while looking for different problems such as error, fatal, critical, failure, warning, and so on in the logs.
- Functional Searches: These searches are specific searches used while looking for specific and detailed data known to impact the functional areas. You can also use these searches to look for specific patterns known to indicate performance or availability issues.
The Insight Pack includes support for ingesting and performing metadata searches against the following log files. The JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) Server log file contains all the server log messages including the startup messages. It also contains messages from the deployed application. The default file name for JBoss EAP Server Log is server.log.
- JBoss EAP Server Log: server.log
Review the following video for information on using and setting up the Insight Pack.
IBM Operations Analytics-Log Analysis Insight Packs for Infrastructure-Standard Install License.
Cost: License Fee
- IBM Operations Analytics â€“ Log Analysis version 1.3.0 or above
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP)
- Red Hat JBoss EAP 6.3
- Red Hat JBoss EAP 6.4
- Purchased â€śIBM Operations Analytics-Log Analysis Insight Packs for Infrastructure-Standard 1.1â€ť License for each installed Insight Pack.
This package is subject to the License terms included with the Insight Pack, along with those displayed upon download.
To report a problem with deploying this entry, entitled customers may contact the country specific IBM support channel, reference the IBM Worldwide Directory. Also use the “Support” link to access the support site for IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis information.