The SAP Adaptive Service Enterprise Insight Pack provides the capability to ingest and perform metadata searches against various SAP Adaptive Service Enterprise (ASE) logs in the IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis.
The SAP ASE Error Log file stores start-up messages, back traces and stack traces, fatal error messages, kernel error messages and informational messages from SAP ASE server. You can use the Operations Analyics – Log Analysis dynamic dashboards, views and quick searches to analyze SAP ASE error messages and drill down into those messages needing attention.
SAP ASE Health Dashboard
This dashboard displays charts for all the SAP ASE hosts. The first two charts display data for all the hosts based on the categorized severity levels for fatal errors and user errors. The other two charts display data related to kernel errors and database resource errors for all the hosts.
SAP ASE Error Log Dashboard
This dashboard displays charts based on the log severity level and errors that occurred in the SAP ASE server. The first two charts display data based on the categorized severity levels for fatal errors and user errors. The other two charts display data related to the kernel errors and database resource errors.
The SAP ASE Insight Pack includes “Quick Searches” so users can create saved searches for a keyword or a series of keywords. You can run the searches at a later time from the Log Analysis Saved Searches pane. The installer provides the following quick searches:
- Common Patterns: These searches are simple or common strings used while looking for different problems such as error, fatal, critical, failure, warning, and so on in the logs.
- Functional Searches: These searches are specific searches used while looking for specific and detailed data known to impact the functional areas. You can also use these searches to look for specific patterns known to indicate performance or availability issues.
The Insight Pack includes support for ingesting and performing metadata searches against the following SAP ASE Error log files.
- Windows: errorLog or
- Unix or Linux:
Refer to the User Guide included in the SAP Adaptive Service Enterprise Insight Pack for additional information on the Insight Packs and steps for installing and configuring.
Review the following video for information on using and setting up the Insight Pack.
IBM Operations Analytics-Log Analysis Insight Packs for Infrastructure- Premium Install License.
Cost: License Fee
- IBM Operations Analytics â€“ Log Analysis version 1.3.0 or above
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
- Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7.x
- Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
- Purchased â€śIBM Operations Analytics-Log Analysis Insight Packs for Infrastructure-Premium 1.1â€ť License for each installed Insight Pack.
This package is subject to the License terms included with the Insight Pack, along with those displayed upon download.
To report a problem with deploying this entry, entitled customers may contact the country specific IBM support channel, reference the IBM Worldwide Directory. Also use the “Support” link to access the support site for IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis information.