The SAP HANA Insight Pack provides the capability to ingest and perform metadata searches against various SAP HANA logs in the IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis.
The Insight Pack includes support for ingesting and performing metadata searches against the following SAP HANA product versions and related log files:
- SAP HANA SPS 9
- SAP HANA SPS 10
SAP HANA Health Dashboard
This dashboard displays charts for all the SAP HANA hosts. The first two charts display the top five hosts with max fatal and error trace logs. The next two charts display the top five hosts with crash dumps and deadlocks detected.
SAP HANA Services Dashboard
This dashboard displays charts for all the SAP HANA services. The first two charts display all the services with fatal and error trace logs over a configured time period. The next two charts displays the crash dumps occurred and deadlocks detected for all the services over a configured time period.
The Insight Pack includes support for ingesting and performing metadata searches against the SAP HANA log files. The log file contains log messages related to different services. These messages includes notifications of all the alerts, internal statistics of server issues, memory usage of server, errors and so on. The following are the default services which are a part of the basic SAP HANA product installation:
- Index Server: It is the main SAP HANA database component and contains actual data stores and the engines for processing the data.
- Name Server: It contains information about the running components and location of data in the SAP HANA system.
- Compile Server: It compiles the L-procedures in the SAP HANA system.
- Preprocessor: The index server uses preprocessor to analyze text data and extract information for the text search capabilities.
- Statistics Server: It contains information about status, performance and resource consumption in the SAP HANA system.
Refer to the User Guide included in the SAP Hana Insight Pack for additional information on the Insight Packs and steps for installing and configuring.
Review the following video for information on using and setting up the Insight Pack.
IBM Operations Analytics-Log Analysis Insight Packs for Infrastructure- Premium Install License.
Cost: License Fee
- IBM Operations Analytics â€“ Log Analysis version 1.3.0 or above
- SAP HANA Insight Pack v18.104.22.168
- Purchased â€śIBM Operations Analytics-Log Analysis Insight Packs for Infrastructure-Premium 1.1â€ť License for each installed Insight Pack.
This package is subject to the License terms included with the Insight Pack, along with those displayed upon download.
To report a problem with deploying this entry, entitled customers may contact the country specific IBM support channel, reference the IBM Worldwide Directory. Also use the “Support” link to access the support site for IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis information.