This article describes the steps required to create an Insight Pack Project for IBM Operations Analytics â€“ Log Analysis 1.3.1.
- Awareness of what an Insight Pack is (reference What is an Insight Pack)
- Insight Pack tooling (reference Install and Configure Insight Pack Tooling)
Insight Pack tooling (reference Install and Configure Insight Pack Tooling)
Open Insight Pack Tooling
(eclipse.exe where Insight Pack tooling is installed)
- Double click on eclipse.exe to start eclipse
- Select a workplace when asked as below
Create a new Insight Pack Project
Select File –> New –> Others, Select Log Analysis-Insight Pack Project and Click on Next.
Provide the Project Name. For example, MyAppLogInsightPack and click on Finish. It will take couple of minutes to create the project.
Once the project is created, you can see a folder structure created as shown below
- Create a folder titled lib under MyAppLogInsightPack folder
- Copy the following jar files from IBM Operations Analytics â€“ Log Analysis server to this folder (these files are present under <HOME>/wlp/usr/servers/Unity/apps/Unity.war/WEB-INF/lib folder. Where HOME is the directory under which Log Analysis product is installed)
- Include them in the build path by right clicking on MyAppLogInsightPack Project –> Build Path –> Configure Build Path, Go to Libraries tab, Add Jars and add the following jars.
Create log4j.properties file as follows
- On the project, right click –> New-File
- Enter filename as log4j.properties and select Finish
- Copy/paste the following content to the file created and save the file
#Custom logger factory
# define the root logger with two appenders writing to console and file
#log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, CONSOLE, FILE
# Define a console appender
# In this case we are going to contribute to the Generic Receiver
# console appender.
log4j.appender.UNITY_GR_CONSOLE.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %C – %m%n
Congratulations: Your first Insight Project has been successfully created.