Install and Configure Insight Pack Tooling
The following covers steps required for installing and configuring IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis Insight Pack Tooling. Once the required software is available, the installation steps will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- Awareness of what an Insight Pack is (reference What is an Insight Pack)
Download following software
- Download eclipse-jee-helios-SR2-win32-x86_64.zip from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/downloads/release/mars/R/eclipse-jee-mars-R-win32-x86_64.zip
- Download Log Analysis from IBM Passport Advantage or use an evaluation copy following the steps on the Log Analysis page https://developer.ibm.com/itoa/docs/log-analysis/.
- Download the IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis Tooling click on Insight Pack Tooling.
Extract and run eclipse.
- Extract eclipse-jee-mars-R-win32-x86_64.zip
- Run eclipse.exe. If it fails , add Java information in eclipse.ini as shown below:
Install Log Analysis tooling
After eclipse restarts, Select help –> Install New Software.
Click on Add, then click on Archive and select LogAnalysis_1.0.3.v201311211326.zip. Then select OK.
Select the software displayed. Click on Next and then accept the license terms. During install, when asked about trusting certificates as shown below, select Log Analysis Eclipse Plugin and then click on OK.
Accept the option to restart eclipse.
Congratulations: Log Analysis Insight Pack tooling is now installed and you can start creating your first insight pack.