The Berkeley Internet Name Domain (BIND) Insight Pack gives customers support to ingest data from BIND logs into IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis. They can then use a rich set of analytical dashboards to visualize metadata and derived metrics from log content, along with performing additional queries on the content.
BIND Health Dashboard
This dashboard displays charts for the BIND based on the severity level in the Syslogs. These charts display the top 5 hosts with max errors and critical Syslog messages over the configured time period.
BIND Log Level Dashboard
This dashboard displays charts for BIND hosts based on the severity level in the Syslogs. The first chart displays overall log messages categorized by severity level and the second chart displays important log messages categorized by severity level over the configured time period.
The Insight Pack includes support for ingesting and performing metadata searches against the Berkeley Internet Name Domain (BIND) log file records. By default BIND logs messages to the /var/log/messages file using the Syslog utility.
- BIND is widely used on Linux and UNIX platforms and uses the Syslog utility as a default logging mechanism.
- This insight pack does not support BIND for Windows Environment. Depending on customer requirement, the Insight Pack can be modified to support BIND for Windows Environment.
- The Syslog Insight Pack processes the Syslogs.
Reference the “User’s Guide” included in the Insight Pack for further information.
Review the following video for information on using and setting up the Insight Pack.
IBM Operations Analytics-Log Analysis Insight Packs for Infrastructure-Standard Install License.
Cost: License Fee
- IBM Operations Analytics â€“ Log Analysis version 1.3.0 or above.
- Berkeley Internet Name Domain (BIND) v9.9 or v9.10
- Purchased â€śIBM Operations Analytics-Log Analysis Insight Packs for Infrastructure-Standard 1.1â€ť License for each installed Insight Pack.
This package is subject to the License terms included with the Insight Pack, along with those displayed upon download.
To report a problem with deploying this entry, entitled customers may contact the country specific IBM support channel, reference the IBM Worldwide Directory. Also use the “Support” link to access the support site for IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis information.