The WebSphere Application Server Insight Pack includes support for ingesting and performing metadata searches against WebSphere Application Server log files.
Supports ingesting log data from WebSphere Application Server V7 and V8 log files:
There are different data loading recommendations based on how IBM WebSphere Application Server logging is configured. To set up the data loading, you need to consider:
- WebSphere Application Server configuration
- Is WebSphere Application Server configured to produce rolling logs or single logs?
- Data loading
- Determine if you want to use the IBM Tivoli Monitoring Log File Agent (LFA) installed on the remote WebSphere Application Server to push data or to use the LFA installed on the local IBM Operatons Analytics – Log
Analysis server to pull data. In some scenarios, you must use the REST
client data collector.
- Logfile agent configuration
- If you choose to use the LFA, use the logfile agent configuration files to specify the log files you want to monitor. The WASInsightpack-lfawas.conf
and WASInsightPack-lfawas.fmt files are located in the directory: UNITY_HOME/IBM-LFA-6.30/config/lo.
Reference the WebSphere Application Server Insight Pack documentation for setup and use instructions.
Cost: Shipped with Product.
- IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis v1.3.0 or later
- IBM WebSphere Application Server V7 and V8
To report a problem with deploying this entry, entitled customers may contact the country specific IBM support channel, reference the IBM Worldwide Directory. Also use the “Support” link to access the support site for IBM Operations Analytics – Log Analysis information.