The monthly update for IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, Version 8 is now available, and includes the following changes:
- Two new class data sharing suboptions are added: -Xshareclasses:bootClassesOnly and -Xshareclasses:fatal
- Container awareness in the VM is now enabled by default
- Pause-less garbage collection is extended to Linux x86 platforms
- You can now restrict identity hash codes to non-negative values (useful if your program assumes hashcodes can only be positive)
- The following OpenJDK HotSpot options are now supported: -XX:MaxHeapSize and -XX:InitialHeapSize
- The IBM_JAVA_OPTIONS environment variable is deprecated. Instead, use the new OPENJ9_JAVA_OPTIONS environment variable
For more information about these updates, see the Current news technote.
You can download the latest packages from the Downloads page.
The documentation in IBM Knowledge Center will be updated for publication in January.