|101||Set up your Java development environment and learn basic object-oriented programming principles||Tutorial|
|102||Java language basics||Tutorial|
|103||Writing good Java code||Tutorial|
|201||Java constructs for real-world applications, Part 1||Tutorial|
|202||Java constructs for real-world applications, Part 2||Tutorial|
This tutorial series is for software developers who are new to Java™ technology and want to become productive Java programmers. Work through the series, including videos, to get up and running with object-oriented programming (OOP) and real-world application development using the Java language and platform.
Begin with an overview of the Java platform and language. Then, set up a development environment and learn about its components. From there, learn basic Java syntax hands-on. Continuing past the fundamentals, the series teaches you more-advanced Java language features, including lambdas, regular expressions, generics, I/O, streams, and serialization.
Step-by-step instructions and video demos help you create and build on a simple Java object, developing it into a full application.
Skills you'll gain
- Gain an understanding of the basics of OOP on the Java platform
- Have a fully functional Java development environment that uses the Eclipse IDE
- Become familiar with Java syntax and essential libraries
- Be ready to learn more-complex programming Java techniques
- Know where to find curated resources to bolster your Java programming knowledge
- A system supporting Java SE 11 with at least 4GB of memory. Java 11 is supported on Linux®, Windows®, AIX®, and macOS®
- At least 400MB of disk space to install the software components and examples
You also need to install and set up a development environment consisting of JDK 11 from AdoptOpenJDK and the Eclipse IDE. Follow the download and installation instructions provided in the series.
Get an overview of the Java platform, programming language, and development environment.
Learn basic Java syntax, and be able to write simple Java programs.
Learn best coding practices that can help you write cleaner, more maintainable Java code.
Get an introduction to more-sophisticated capabilities of the Java language.
Continue your introduction to more-sophisticated capabilities of the Java language.