A new update release for the 13.0 series of the IBM Advance Toolchain for Linux on Power is now available.
This release includes a series of package updates:
- GCC provides:
- Fix for gcc looks for C++ attributes in the wrong place in a lambda-expression.
- Fix for enum class bitfield size-checking needs a separate warning flag controlling it.
- Fix for std::locale::classic() Needless Race.
- Fix for ICE in resolve_component, at fortran/resolve.c:13696.
- Fix for ICE in curr_insn_transform, at lra-constraints.c:3892.
- Fix for error: unrecognizable insn on ppc64le.
- Fix for ICE: Segmentation fault signal terminated program cc1plus, with -std=c++2a -fconcepts.
- Fix for PowerPC vec_xl_len should take const.
- Fix for ubsan does not work with openmp default (none) directive.
- Fix for Doc typos in __builtin_crypto_vpmsum*.
- Fix for Debug mode: there is a racing condition between destructors of iterator and the associated container..
- Fix for error in update of gcc.target/powerpc/pr72804.c in r277872.
- Fix for Documentation ambiguous/misleading about interplay of optimization and warning flags.
- Fix for Inappropriate comment for std::ios_base::trunc.
- Fix for frename-registers does not work well with __builtin_return.
- Fix for std::discrete_distribution’s operator>> causes OOM.
- Fix for std::filesystem::path::generic_string doesn’t convert the first slash on Windows.
- Fix for libstdc++ wrongly uses direct clock_gettime syscall on non-glibc, breaks time64.
- Fix for points-to wrong for integer offsetting and field-sensitive analysis.
- Fix for ICE in oacc_code_to_statement, at fortran/openmp.c:6007.
- Fix for OpenMP target teams distribute parallel for with defaultmap not mapping correctly.
- Fix for ICE in simd_clone_struct_copy, at omp-simd-clone.c:84.
- Fix for __builtin_convertvector doesn’t mark input as used.
- Fix for infinite loop building ghostscript and icu with -O3 on powerpc64le-linux-gnu.
- Fix for fortran.dg/minlocval_4.f90 fails on power 9 after r10-4161.
- Fix for GCC adds unwanted nops to align loops on powerpc 8xx since r9-1623.
- Fix for PPC64 builtin vec_rlnm() argument order is wrong..
- Fix for Incorrect DW_AT_location generated for copy-constructed function argument.
- Fix for r10-6762 breaks gcc.target/powerpc/fold-vec-st-*.c test cases.
- Fix for ICE using lambda capture in openMP parallel for reduction.
- Fix for PowerPC vec_extract with variable element number has code regressions for V2DI/V2DF vectors.
- Fix for std::to_address doesn’t work with past-the-end Debug Mode iterators.
- Fix for Problematic ld_date configure check.
- Fix for gcc.target/powerpc/pr72804.c fails.
- Fix for pr71109.c -fcompare-debug failures on x86_64 and powerpc64le.
- Fix for std::experimental::net::v1::make_service function template not instantiatable.
- Fix for Wrong optimization: memset of n-bit integer types (from bit-fields) is truncated to n bits (instead of sizeof).
- Fix for gfortran 8/9 reject module procedure definition in same module as function interface.
- Fix for Missing c++ debug information for ‘auto&’ return type.
- Fix for ICE in tsubst_expr, at cp/pt.c:18181.
- Fix for Logical operator inside fold-expression: strange warning.
- Fix for r9-8486 causes several builtin instruction test case execution failures on power 9.
- GNU C Library provides:
- Fix for (CVE-2020-1752) ‘glob’ use-after-free bug (CVE-2020-1752).
- Fix for (CVE-2020-1751) Array overflow in backtrace on powerpc (CVE-2020-1751).
- Fix for configure: broken detection of STT_GNU_IFUNC when GCC defaults to PIE.
- Fix for system() returns wrong errors when posix_spawn fails.
- Fix for Incorrect prctl.
- Fix for Bad LOADARGS_N.
- Binutils provides:
- Fix for nm should not mark symbols in .init_array as “t”.
- Fix for nm reports data variable as “T” with -flto.
- Fix for objcopy : free() invalid pointer in _bfd_coff_free_symbols.
- Fix for ar and ranlib should not call lto-wrapper for LTO bytecode.
- Fix for error: PHDR segment not covered by LOAD segment.
- Fix for nm shows symbol as ‘U’ while showed as ‘T’.
- Fix for powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu-ld overflows string buffer in –stats mode.
- Fix for powerpc64-ld infinite loop
- Python provides:
- Adding the following flags when building python: –enable-optimizations and –with-lto
For download links, more information and documentation, please refer to our official documentation page, IBM Advance Toolchain for PowerLinux Documentation. Please be advised Advance Toolchain has been available from a new FTP server since the end of August 2019. The FTP server at Unicamp won’t be updated any longer.
Please let us know if you have any questions about this release.
About the IBM Advance Toolchain for Linux on Power
The IBM Advance Toolchain for Linux on Power is a set of open source development tools (compiler, debugger and profiling tools) and runtime libraries that allow users to take leading edge advantage of IBM’s latest POWER hardware features on Linux.
For more information about it, visit https://developer.ibm.com/linuxonpower/advance-toolchain/.