PowerAI Enterprise is now IBM Watson Machine Learning Accelerator
WML Accelerator Release 1.2, which became generally available on March 22, 2019, delivers improved and updated integration to expand its machine learning and deep learning workloads. Learn more
Release 1.2 notes
Released on 03/22/2019
WML Accelerator is an enterprise-class software solution for quickly and easily building an end-to-end deep learning environment for your organization. WML Accelerator release 1.2 includes all of the open source deep learning frameworks, libraries, and tools included in PowerAI 1.6.0 along with IBM Spectrum Conductor version 2.3.0, and IBM Spectrum Conductor Deep Learning Impact version 1.2.2 to give data scientists everything they need to build a distributed deep learning environment in hours rather than days or weeks â€” and to easily manage it as the environment grows.
Go to the IBM Knowledge Center for information about planning, installing, configuring, and managing WML Accelerator 1.2.
WML Accelerator 1.2 builds upon the previous release of PowerAI Enterprise and includes the following updates and new features:
- All of the updates and features included in PowerAI Release 1.6.0
- IBM Spectrum Conductor Deep Learning Impact is updated to version 1.2.2. Learn more.
- Support for x86. WML Accelerator can be run in homogeneous IBMÂ® PowerÂ® or x86 environments. Not all functions are available on x86 so, see Function support on IBM Power vs. x86 for more details.
Key features of WML Accelerator
- Distributed deep learning architecture that simplifies the process of training deep learning models across a cluster for faster time to results.
- Elastic Distributed Training Transparency for PyTorch enabling optimized use of CPU and GPU resources across multiple servers.
- Software libraries for machine learning (SnapML) acceleration and large model support (LMS) enabling more complex models with larger, more high-resolution data inputs.
- Enhanced data ingest, preparation, and transformation tools, using Apache Spark for data management. IBMÂ® PowerÂ® Systems servers are built for artificial intelligence (AI) applications, incorporating high-bandwidth and low-latency NVLink connections between GPU accelerators for peer-to-peer communications, and directly connecting GPU accelerators to system CPUs (and system memory).
- Powerful model development tools, including real-time training visualization and runtime monitoring of accuracy and hyper-parameter search and optimization, for faster model development.
- Ready-to-use deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, Caffe-BVLC, and IBM Caffe) are included.
- Multitenant architecture designed to run deep learning, high-performance analytics, and other long-running services and frameworks on shared resources.
How to get WML Accelerator
There are several ways to get WML Accelerator 1.2:
- Install an evaluation version to give it a try.
If you don’t already have one, you’ll need to register for an IBMID to access the evaluation. For instructions for installing the evaluation version, see Installing (Manual) or Automated installer. When the evaluation version expires, you can upgrade to the entitled version by following these instructions: Updating from the evaluation version to the entitled version. or you can uninstall the product by following these instructions: Uninstalling.
Order it from your IBM representative or authorized Business Partner.
- To be contacted by an IBM sales representative please either complete this form: https://www.ibm.com/connect/ibm/us-en/
- Or call a telesales associate within your region through the telephone numbers listed here: https://www.ibm.com/contact.
When you are entitled to download the packages, download them from either:
Learn more about WML Acclerator
IBM Knowledge Center resources
- Intro to IBM Watson Machine Learning Accelerator
- Planning for IBM Watson Machine Learning Accelerator
- Installing IBM Watson Machine Learning Accelerator
- Working with IBM Watson Machine Learning Accelerator
- Getting started with IBM Spectrum Conductor version 2.30
- Working with IBM Spectrum Conductor Deep Learning Impact version 1.2.2
- Deep learning with IBM Spectrum Conductor Deep Learning Impact 1.2.1
- Developer tutorial: Accelerate machine model training with Watson Machine Learning Accelerator and Snap ML
- Developer tutorial: Classify images with Watson Machine Learning Accelerator
- Watson Machine Learning Accelerator in the Marketplace
- IBM Systems AI Infrastructure Reference Architecture
- Blogs from the experts
- Education and technical resources
Previous PowerAI Enterprise releases
We recommend that you install the most current release, however, if you have an earlier version installed, you can find release information in the IBM Knowledge Center:
Requesting enhancements for IBM Watson Machine Learning Accelerator
The IBM Request for Enhancement (RFE) tool is now available for you to submit formal enhancement requests to the Watson ML Accelerator (formerly PowerAI Enterprise) development team. One of the benefits of using the RFE tool is that other clients can vote on submitted requirements, which helps IBM to prioritize requests.
Go here get started: ibm.biz/wmla-rfe
The RFE for Watson ML Accelerator pages are part of IBM Developer and require that you sign in with an IBM ID to submit or vote on a request. You should make sure that your IBM ID profile includes your current company and your email address to ensure that we can contact you if we have questions.
Once on the RFE page, click on the â€śSearchâ€ť tab to view existing requests before you submit a new request. It is much more useful to vote for a previously submitted request than to submit a duplicate request.