IBM PowerAI Vision 1.1.4
IBM PowerAI Vision is a new generation video/image analysis platform that offers built-in deep learning models that learn to analyze images and video streams for classification and object detection.
PowerAI Vision includes tools and interfaces that allow anyone with limited skills in deep learning technologies to get up and running quickly and easily. And because PowerAI Vision is built on open source frameworks for modeling and managing containers it delivers a highly available platform that includes application life-cycle support, centralized management and monitoring, and support from IBM.
IBM Developer learning path
Getting started with PowerAI Vision
This learning path is designed for developers interested in quickly getting up to speed on what PowerAI Vision offers and how to use it. The learning path consists of step-by-step tutorials, deep-dive videos, and complete examples of working code.
Technology updates and features
PowerAI 1.1.4 builds upon previous releases and includes the following updates and features:
- Action identification
You can train models to identify actions in a video.
- PowerAI Vision Non-production edition update
This edition has updated functionality. The number of deployed and trained models is limited, but you can now export models.
- Track usage metrics
Administrators can track how many inferences have been run in PowerAI Vision.
- PowerAI Vision trial version
The functionality of the trial version has been updated. The number of deployed and trained models is limited, but you can now export models.
- Inferencing for videos with Detectron models
Detectron models now accept videos for inferencing; not just images.
- View video inferencing results for Detectron models
After a video inferencing completes, the annotated video plays.
- Multiple improvements to the user interface
For all the details, see the Whatâ€™s New topic in the IBM Knowledge Center.
- Streamlined model training
Ue existing models that are already trained as starting point to reduce the time required to train models and improve trained results.
- Single-click model deployment
After you create a training model, deploy an API with one click. You can then develop applications based on the model that you deployed.
- Data set management and labeling
Manage both raw and labeled data.
- Video object detection and labeling assistance
Videos that you import can be scanned for objects and the objects can be automatically labeled.
- IBM Power System AC922 with NVIDIA Tesla V100 GPUs
- IBM Power System S822LC with NVIDIA Tesla P100 GPUs
Supported operating systems
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6
- Ubuntu 18.04
- Install information
- Usage scenarios
Give it a try
Tell us what you think
Your feedback is important to us. After you download PowerAI Vision and give it a try, please tell us about your experience by taking this short survey.
PowerAI Vision code patterns
Check out these real world examples and tutorials that highlight PowerAI Vision in action.
- Validate computer vision deep learning models
- Model for counting cars
- Identify various flavors of coke
- Integrate inference on mobile phones
- Build and deploy a PowerAI Vision model and use it in an iOS app
Resources to get you started
- IBM Developer learning path: Getting started with PowerAI Vision
- Image Classification & Object Detection on IBM PowerAI Vision
- ProMare: Unlocking the secrets of the ocean with an autonomous ship operated by AI and edge technology
- Oxford Cancer Biomarkers (OCB): Combining leading-edge diagnostics with AI technology to improve outcomes for cancer patients
- IBM PowerAI Vision Lowers Technical Barriers to Create AI Solutions
- AI solutions in Energies and Utilities with IBM PowerAI Vision
- Computer Vision made simple with IBM PowerAI Vision
- IBM Marketplace for PowerAI Vision
- PowerAI Vision GTC Presentation
- Build a classifier walkthrough with PowerAI Vision
- See how to train models to analyze videos for Advanced Driver Assistant System
- Download a sample dataset for classifying breeds of dogs from Stanford University
- IBM Power Systems AC922 (Models 8335-GTC, 8335-GTW)
- IBM Power Systems S822LC for HPC (Model 8335-GTB)
- Ask a Support Question
- Email us for partnering and running Proof of Concepts
Requesting enhancements for IBM PowerAI Vision
The IBM Request for Enhancement (RFE) tool is now available for you to submit formal enhancement requests to the PowerAI Vision development team. One of the benefits of using the RFE tool is that other clients can vote on submitted requirements, which helps IBM to prioritize requests.
Go here get started: ibm.biz/vision-rfe
The RFE for PowerAI Vision pages are part of IBM Developer and require that you sign in with an IBM ID to submit or vote on a request. You should make sure that your IBM ID profile includes your current company and your email address to ensure that we can contact you if we have questions.
Once on the RFE page, click on the â€śSearchâ€ť tab to view existing requests before you submit a new request. It is much more useful to vote for a previously submitted request than to submit a duplicate request.