The OpenStack cloud computing software platform on IBM Power Systems’ enterprise security, availability, and reliability enables you to deliver cloud solutions without risk.
You can set up the OpenStack Bare Metal Service on POWER8 systems. You can get a functional Ironic setup on POWER8. Deployment through Ironic is fully functional â€“ deploying from POWER8 to other POWER8 machines, as well as x86 machines.
- The Master branch of Disk Image Builder at https://github.com/openstack/diskimage-builder
- Ubuntu 16.04 ramdisk
- Ubuntu 16.04 as the user image
- Ironic version from the Ubuntu repositories
- DevStack from Github to set up adjacent services (but not Ironic!) at https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack
- Keystone, Neutron, Nova, Swift, and Glance services are set up
- Your target machine is connected to a flat provider network. This means that the provider network created by the OpenStack administrator maps directly to a network in a data center and it is unsegmented (that is, by VLAN).
Use the latest installation instructions for Ironic in the Bare Metal service installation guide website.
Major contributions that came from LTC.
How long should an API, once released, be honored? This is a topic that comes up again and again in the OpenStack world, and there are strong opinions on both sides.
In the OpenStack API Working Group, API Stability guidelines that will serve as the basis for the supports-api-stability tag proposed by the OpenStack Technical Committee are being established.