IBM z/OS Debugger not only delivers fixes in v220.127.116.11, but some new and exciting features:
The following changes were added for remote debugging with IBMÂ® Developer for z Systemsâ„˘ Version 18.104.22.168
- Visual Debugging defaults to using a new filter to only show the current execution path.
- IBM Debug for z Systems includes the Remote CICSÂ® Application debug configuration. Previously, it was only available in IBM Developer for z Systems or IBM Developer for z Systems Enterprise Edition.
- Improved Remote IMS Application with Isolation debug configuration performance and usability.
The following changes were added with IBM z/OSÂ® Debugger Version 14.0 APAR PI72873
- z/OS Debugger supports moved source for Enterprise PL/I for z/OS 5.1 64-bit standard mode debugging through the EQADEBUG DD NAME.
- Improved performance of code coverage collection using Debug Tool compatibility mode. Code coverage data is one of ADI’s main providers of data and this update allows users to capture code coverage on every build.
- Reduce session time by 90%
- Supported languages: Enterprise COBOL, Enterprise PL/I, XL C, Language Environment enabled Assembler
- New IMS Isolation API was added to support performance improvements in the UI
- The list of compiler options for standard mode is updated.
- A new appendix Debugging a program processed by the Automatic Binary Optimizer for z/OS was added to IBM z/OS Debugger User’s Guide.
- A table was added in IBM z/OS Debugger as a component to provide debug feature comparison among IBM Debug for z Systems, IBM Developer for z Systems, and IBM Developer for z Systems Enterprise Edition.