A new release of IBM z/OS Debugger has been delivered with IBM Debug for z Systems V14.1.2, IBM Developer for z Systems V14.1.2 and IBM Developer for z Systems Enterprise Edition V14.1.2.
From V14.1.2, IBM z/OS Debugger starts to progress towards one remote debug mode based on Debug Tool compatibility mode. In support of this direction, Debug Tool compatibility mode, when available in the user interface, is selected by default for V14.1.2 or later. Any existing launches, property groups, or updated preferences remain unchanged.
Headless Compiled Code Coverage collector
Headless Compiled Code Coverage collector now produces the SonarQube format and the raw format, in addition to the currently supported format. For more information on how to use the headless Code Coverage collector to export in SonarQube format and display the code coverage result in SonarQube dashboard, see Importing IDz Code Coverage Result into SonarQube.
Updates to the UI of the remote client
Weâ€™ve made the following changes to the UI of the remote client:
- For programs written in COBOL, Compiled Code Coverage now presents structural results for programs, sections, and paragraphs. Both the file report view and the workbench report view support structural results.
- Structures and arrays are no longer limited to 100 entries when you inspect variables in the debug hover help during a debug session.
- In the Code Coverage Results view, the entry JUnit Code Coverage Workspace Results was removed. JUnit code coverage results now appear under Java Code Coverage Workspace Results. Expand the individual Javaâ„˘ code coverage result to see the JUnit results. Note that this update is only available in IDz and IDz EE.
Updates to the host
The following enhancements have been made to the host:
- When you use line mode, batch mode, full screen mode, and remote mode with Debug Tool compatibility mode, and compile with the TEST(SEPARATE,SOURCE) option of the Enterprise COBOL for z/OS Version 6 Release 2 compiler, if the name of the side file does not match the PROGRAM-ID, the debugger can now locate the side file, as long as it is in the specified data sets or directories.
When you specify the side file location, you can now specify a z/OS UNIX System Services directory through a SET SOURCE command, EQAUEDAT user exit, SET DEFAULT LISTINGS command, EQADEBUG DD name, or EQA_DBG_SYSDEBUG environment variable.
For more information, see Choosing TEST or NOTEST compiler suboptions for COBOL programs.
- You can now use CEETEST to restart z/OS Debugger after you use QUIT DEBUG. To start z/OS Debugger when a CEETEST call is encountered, set the EQAOPTS CEEREACTAFTERQDBG command to YES. For more information, see Additional notes about starting z/OS Debugger with CEETEST.
- An Other run-time options field is added to the Manage Additional Libraries and Delay Debug panel (EQAPMPRG). With this new field, you can specify Language Environment options for the private message region. For more information, see Using IMS Transaction Isolation to create a private message-processing region and select transactions to debug.