IBM Z Development and Test Environment (ZD&T) is the industryâ€™s only Intel-based environment that runs current, genuine z/OS software and middleware. It is developed in lock step with Z hardware, offering unmatched application portability and compatibility. ZD&T can eliminate typical development bottlenecks by enabling flexible, horizontal scaling of development, test, and education activities.
We are excited to announce that ZD&T V12.0.1 is generally available today. Here are the highlights of this new release:
- Pre-deployment validation is added. When you deploy an application image to a Linux environment, the pre-deployment validation function will automatically check the target system environment and deployment directory to ensure that the deployment will be successful.
- Support for deleting a Linux target environment with deployed application image is added, you can choose to remove a ZD&T instance from the target system and revert network configuration, and remove application image volume files from the deployment directory.
- ADCD application image can be created with data sets from IBM Z systems.
- Support for compressing the volume files during the creation of an image from an existing ZD&T instance.
- If a deployment fails during the volume transfer, you can resume the deployment at the last volume file that’s being transferred rather than starting from the beginning.
- Support starting, IPL and stopping the emulator directly from Web UI
- Support SSH certificate login authentication to create an image from an existing ZD&T instance.
- New installers for each edition: Enterprise, Personal, and Parallel Sysplex
- REST API supports deleting application components or images and creating ADCD application images with extracted IBM Z data set components.
- New ADCD z/OS V2R3 May Edition of 2018.
- New zPDT Emulator 1.8.2.
- Various usability, navigation, and defect fixes.
- To view the complete list, please visit our Knowledge Centre.
If you have further questions, please feel free to post to the ZD&T forum.
Our latest case study with Tieto
To hear more about what our clients say about ZD&T and read more about case studies, please visit Techvalidate site.
For more information and to keep up with the latest updates, please visit the Library page.
Let us know what additional functionality you need in ZD&T by submitting feature requests in the IBM RFE Community.
Watch the latest video.