Development teams are driven more than ever to utilize DevOps best practices, and provide a rapid software delivery feedback loop for demanding customers. IBM Z Development and Test Environment, is the industryâ€™s only Intel-based environment with unmatched application scalability, reliability and speed. By accurately emulating the full IBM Z instruction sets and using virtual processors, I/O, and other devices, IBM ZD&T enables the IBM z/OSÂ® operating system, middleware and other z/OS software to run unchanged on Intel architecture without the need for IBM Z hardware. Unlike lesser software-emulation solutions from other vendors, the IBM solution runs the latest z/OS software versions and enables developers to exploit the full capabilities of the new generation of IBM z14â„˘ hardware.
We are excited to announce the release of IBM Z Development and Test Environment (ZD&T) V12.0.2. With this latest release, ZD&T offers the new capabilities focused on provisioning and better user experience.
- Support extraction and importing of CICS artifacts application components for application deployed into ZD&T environment.
- Support editing capability for z/OS based componenets and images,customers can modify the existing ZD&T artifacts (add/delete/refresh volumes and data sets) without redoing the whole image creation.
- Support checking the status of the deployment process which includes the overall progress with percentage, current operation, and detail of each steps during the entire deployment process.
- Zowe Integration: Provisioning Tools features using Zowe Web Interface.
- New zPDT Emulator 1.8.3.
- Various usability, navigation, and defect fixes.
- To view the complete list, please visit our Knowledge Centre.
Our latest case study with Tieto and Xact.
To hear more about what our clients say about ZD&T, please visit Techvalidate site.
For more information and to keep up with the latest updates, please visit the Library page.
Let us know what additional functionality you need in ZD&T by submitting feature requests in the IBM RFE Community.
Watch the latest video.