Host Configuration Assistant for Z Development (HCA) V2.3 has been released.
In V2.3, HCA is updated to support the latest changes to the host components of zDevOps products. Please find below the host updates or configuration suggestions that deserve your attention.
z/OS SSH terminals are added for the SSH connection to the host.
- SSH terminals allow users to run UNIX commands and programs like RSE Shells.
- Unlike an RSE Shell, an SSH terminal uses a PTY (pseudo-terminal), which allows users to run interactive tty commands.
To use the latest debug profile user interface, configure the following services:
- Remote System Explorer from z/OS Explorer is required for z/OS connections.
- To enable all the features for the best user experience, configure Debug Profile Service and use z/OS Explorer host V18.104.22.168 or later.
- For CICS users, also add support for the DTCN profiles APIs and views.
- The current page is now highlighted in the navigation pane when you select features or view configuration tasks.
- Previously, to save your feature selection and generate the report later, you need to complete all feature selection to arrive at the final Complete feature selection page (renamed from the Send or save the configuration tasks report page), click Save and generate the report later and Complete. Now with HCA V2.3, you selection is recorded every time you click Save and Next on a feature selection page.
If you switch to another browser, ensure that you clear the site data of HCA to retrieve your saved selection.
- In HCA V2.2, we added an enhancement to pre-select the product on the feature selection page for you if you’ve selected the product on the component selection page. In HCA V2.3, we’ve further improved this product pre-selection function: If you’ve not selected any product on the component selection page, the product can now be pre-selected based on your product selection on a previous feature selection page, if the product also applies.
Please play with the tool and let us know should there be any comments or feedback.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Host Configuration Assistant for Z Development (HCA) V2.2 released
Host Configuration Assistant for Z Development (HCA) V2.1 released
Host Configuration Assistant for Z Development (HCA) V2.0 released
ADFz Host Configuration Assistant V1.3.0 released
ADFz Host Configuration Assistant (HCA) V1.2 released
Host Configuration Assistant V1.1 launched
IBM ADFz Host Configuration Assistant is available!