Welcome back to another episode of Z DevOps Talks. We are still very much in lockdown status, but not deterred! And as we continue to deliver these remotely, we hope to be reaching you in good health and high spirits.
We have an exciting episode this time around. We caught up with Dr. Peter Haumer, one of our IBM Z Senior Software Engineers. Presently he is serving as Development Lead for IBM Wazi for CodeReady Workspaces and the IBM Z Open Editor teams. And that’s a big deal, because just this week we made generally available (GA) our new Wazi capability.
This episode is jam-packed with content and Wazi is in the spotlight. The overarching themes we discuss are focused around the Wazi Sandbox, Wazi Workspaces, and how they both support our continued mission of enabling enterprises to achieve a complete DevOps end-to-end pipeline. But we’ve jotted down a (non-inclusive) list of some of the finer details, so take a look:
- How the IBM Wazi platform provides enhanced capabilities and z/OS development on the cloud
- Wazi sandbox, Wazi workspaces and the end-to-end pipeline, what are they/what do the meant?
- The continued evolution of Wazi and how it has been two years in the making
- The convergence of our new open technologies and capabilities and Red Hat’s CodeReady Workspaces
- Seriously Peter…with the click of a button?
- z/OS on x86 (Intel) servers, huh?
- How Wazi makes the developer’s life and the programmer’s life easier!
- How Wazi supports the idea of Bring Your Own IDE (BYOI)
If you can’t tell by reviewing the content that we covered, Peter is passionate about the work he and his team are doing. And if you’ve listened to the podcast, you’d agree that he is earnest when he says he wants to hear from our users. So, if you want to try for yourself, Peter has provided us with a great many resources:
- Read the Wazi Announcement Letter
- Visit the IBM Wazi marketplace page
- Download the Wazi Solution Brief
- Watch a Wazi Video Demonstration
- Read the “5 Things You Should Know…” about Wazi
And once you’ve spent some time in the driver’s seat, please let us know your impressions! What do you like, what don’t you like, what do you want to see more of, what are we missing? Leave a comment here or email Peter directly, he really wants to hear from you! And in case you missed the delivery of our latest episode where Bruce Armstrong talks about the cool new things going on with Zowe™, check out that episode here.