IBMÂ® CICSÂ® Configuration Manager is a tool for administering and maintaining CICS resource definitions. It provides audit, reporting and lifecycle change management control facilities to support the build, management and deployment of complex mainframe CICS applications. The flexible, modular format lets you take a staged approach, integrating CICS Configuration Manager into your processes gradually. CICS Configuration Manager can help all DevOps roles manage rapidly changing mobile applications.
CICS Configuration Manager simplifies the management and improves the governance of CICS with:
- Full lifecycle management of all CICS resource definitions. A plug-in for CICS ExplorerÂ® improves productivity of CICS developers and other users
- Automation features like Packaging, Migration, and Transformation speed up repetitive and complex tasks and ensure consistent quality
- Control capabilities including an audit log, the ability to locate and roll-back previous changes, standards enforcement and role-based approvals. Integration with source code library management systems is also supported.
- Insightful views highlight duplicate or conflicting resource definitions, lists and groups. Deployment analysis reports ensure referential integrity to avoid CICS restart issues.
Control and automate management of CICS application lifecycle, with full audit trail and backout capabilities.
- Single point of control Create and manage your CICS definitions, whether they reside in a CICS System Definition (CSD) or a CICSPlex SMÂ® Data Repository.
- Application lifecycle Package and migrate these definitions through development up to production environments, with full back out capabilities.
- Audit compliance Changes to resource definitions through any CICS CM interface are recorded in a Journal, enabling comprehensive auditing of your environment.