IBM Application Discovery and Delivery Intelligence helps enterprise development teams understand application interdependencies, complexity and quality across platforms, environments and languages.
As organizations embrace a digital transformation and enter the API economy, the ability to connect to business-critical applications that run on z Systems with mobile and cloud applications to better engage with clients is essential. Application Discovery and Delivery Intelligence provides a key step in this evolution by enabling enterprises to better understand their existing application assets.
The software product compatibility report can be generated here.
Application discovery tools are part of the application lifecycle management process that can help you modernize apps for digital and hybrid cloud transformation through:
- Analyzing and understanding enterprise application logic.
- Speeding development and modernization of applications.
- Driving digital transformation with greater efficiency and less risk.
The automated discovery and source code analysis of Application Discovery and Deliver Intelligence provides:
- Inventory of online and batch applications
- Batch control flow visualization
- Data flow and where used analysis
- Program control flow analysis
- Source code complexity analysis
- Impact analysis
- Unlock application understanding - Rapidly analyze and visualize relationships between application components, data, and jobs to make changes quickly, safely, and efficiently.
- Empower developers - Improve productivity of new and existing developers through knowledge transfer and automated documentation.
Application Discovery and Delivery Intelligence adds Application Delivery Intelligence to enable clients to:
- Appraise quality.
- Visualize and summarize trend information.
- Help optimize test execution
- Configuration Management Database (CMDB). Collects CMDB information from z/OS.
- Source Code Management (SCM) Integration. Agents provide connectivity with SCM systems to deliver source code members for analysis synchronized with the development, promotion and release cycle.
- Batch scheduler integration. Agents provide integration with batch schedulers to help understand and quickly identify and rectify problems, which could lead to overnight batch driven inconsistencies in data.
Application Discovery and Delivery Intelligence operates across multiple languages and environments and parses different application component types, such as source code, operating systems scripts, include files, screen maps, transactions, and messaging system configuration data. It can then visualize application’s internal structure and dependencies. Using rich, static code analysis functionality, Application Discovery and Delivery Intelligence gives users the opportunity to select and configure their own analysis starting point and then navigate across or drill down as dictated by the development, maintenance, or support task at hand. Application Discovery and Delivery Intelligence provides the following analysis and reporting:
- Static code analysis. In depth analysis of underlying application source code assist application designers and developers in understanding application control flow, interdependencies and source code structure to accurately effect code changes.
- Impact analysis. Supports accurate identification and quantification of the impact of required changes on inter-dependent applications to drive accurate estimates of cost, timescales and resources.
- Cross application analysis. Analyzing and understanding end-to-end business processes that span multiple applications, languages, platforms, and environments to help identify opportunities for improvement (common services and pinpoint application boundaries).
- Root cause analysis. Accurate, up-to-date analysis assists in fast, efficient assessment of application problems and errors provide input to solutions for resolution within defined and agreed-to service levels.
- Batch flow analysis. In depth analysis of batch flow structures:
- How jobs are scheduled and sequenced
- Interdependencies to help keep batch schedules under control and quickly identify and rectify problems that could lead to overnight batch-driven inconsistencies in data
- Coding standards. Ensure coding standards are met in application source code is a key factor in driving consistent quality making applications easier and cheaper to maintain.
- Reporting. Supports integrated, metric-driven (industry-standard and configurable) documenting complexity and other key factors about the selected source code.