z/OS V2R2 and z/OS V2R3 updates (01/04/2019)
- Memory Capping : You can now set a cap for the memory that is consumed by software services instances that are provisioned in a tenant. You can also view a tenant's memory consumption.
- Software Cluster Provisioning: New clustered composite templates allow you to leverage sysplex capabilities to provision a continuously available middleware environment. With a single provisioning action, you can provision network-clustered instances of a specific middleware in a sysplex.
- Dataset Support: The files for a template, such as the workflow and actions definition files, can now be in sequential or partitioned data sets. Previously, they were required to be in z/OS UNIX files. Workflow editor is also enhanced to edit/view workflow file in sequential or partitioned dataset.
- Serviceability Enhancements: Diagnostic information for provisioning an instance is enhanced. When you view an instance, you see new information for instances that are being provisioned or that failed provisioning, including the template owner, the number of steps and current step of the provisioning workflow, and the workflow message text. You can also display additional information by hovering the mouse pointer over the state of an instance on the Instances table.
- Usability improvements: The Resource Management task has been reorganized for better usability. Properties of a domain, including the associated tenants and resource pools, are now displayed on tabs.
- Workflow Enhancements: REST steps in z/OSMF workflow can now specify the HTTPS protocol for secure connections. z/OSMF workflow is also enhanced to support a new "array" type of variable that you can define for your workflow. Consider using an array variable when you need to map a list of values.
- Workflow Editor Enhancements: The Workflow Editor now includes a "toolbox" of IBM-supplied steps, which are designed for performing common tasks on z/OS, such as creating a data set or submitting a REST request.
z/OS V2R2 and z/OS V2R3 updates (06/06/2018)
The following enhancements are available with PTFs UI55996, UI55973 (z/OS V2R3) and PTFs UI56001, UI55978 (z/OS V2R2)
- Simplified security setup: Middleware system programmers such as CICS administrators and Db2 administrators can now create and test software service templates independently -- there is no need for z/OS system programmers or security administrators to perform additional setup.
- Swagger support: Cloud architects can easily consume cloud provisioning REST APIs which are now documented to the Swagger specification (now OpenAPI Specification).
- Sharing of provisioned instances: Middleware instances provisioned by a user in a specific tenant group can be shared with other users in the same tenant group. These users can view and perform actions against the shared instances.
- Workflow Editor enhancements: Workflow authors can now reference JCL, shell scripts or REXX execs in data sets when authoring workflows using Workflow Editor.
- Comprehensive content collection (c3): A new collection in Knowledge Center provides all the information about IBM Cloud Provisioning and Management for z/OS in one place. See this page.
z/OS V2R2 and z/OS V2R3 updates (1/25/2018)
- A cloud service provider will now be able to meter the CPU utilization by a specific tenant to allow proper charge-back. Also, CPU utilization can now be capped, to prevent the possibility of runaway costs for a tenant.
- Using the z/OSMF graphical user interface, a service provider will be able to define a composite template of different middleware types with appropriate connectivity across these components. Using the composite template, a consumer will be able to provision a complex environment that consists of multiple middleware services in a matter of minutes.
- Dynamically provisioned middleware instances can be relocated on other systems in the case of an orderly shutdown of the system where they are currently running.
- Administrator can define a single "shared" resource pool for a tenant which can be used during provisioning of multiple templates. This enhancement greatly simplifies administrator task to set up templates for a tenant.
- Enhancements in workflow editor that enables building workflow efficiently.